myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Big Oil and citizenship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
SB, you constantly complain that Obama is divisive. What would you consider your comment to be?

Obama is the POTUS; we're just peons. The difference is light years wide.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
He's your president. He would do exactly what he could to get the oil. There would be hell to pay if he didn't..... As would all of them.

Are you having your period?

Bard,

Do you have some need to insult me? Telling me I am gullible, that I have no understanding of world history and asking me if I am on my period?

Really? What is up with that? Is that how you communicate with people?

You made a statement and I questioned you on your statement. Your response is to attack me personally and entirely fail to support your position with any facts.

If you can't bring anything to the table but obfuscation and insults, that says volumes about your intelligence, or lack thereof.

If you want to communicate in that fashion, so be it. I won't debase myself and grovel in the gutter of ignorance with you.

I am still waiting for the history lesson from you. When should I expect your response?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
swchandler wrote:
"He's your president."

No Bard, he's our president, just like the upcoming congress will be our congress. We might not like the outcomes of elections, but that's what we have to live with.

Agree SWC. SB, you constantly complain that Obama is divisive. What would you consider your comment to be?

Good luck getting a reasoned response from Bard.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this is making mac break out in a rash of happiness~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

City to vote on climate change labels at gas pumps

BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) - The San Francisco Bay Area city of Berkeley will decide whether to slap stickers on gas pumps warning that burning fuel contributes to global warming in a plan that's a first of its kind in the country.

The Berkeley City Council is expected to vote Tuesday night on whether to move forward with the proposal to put climate-change warning labels on gas pumps citywide. San Francisco is drafting a similar ordinance that officials could vote on by next spring.

A spokeswoman for the Western States Petroleum Association, an oil-industry lobbying group, has said the labels reflect the state's and Berkeley's opinions and would force "unwanted speech in violation of the First Amendment."

The labels are part of a voter-approved city plan to reduce emissions by 33 percent between 2000 and 2020.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/27416651/city-to-vote-on-climate-change-labels-at-gas-pumps

I expect the next product sold in Berkeley, to get the same label, will be all packages of meat sold in all the grocery stores.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Keystone project should not be about politics?

Yeah, right:

On Keystone, Senate Democrats are moving toward a vote largely to help Landrieu, the Senate Energy and Natural Resources chairwoman. She is facing off in the December runoff against Republican Rep. Bill Cassidy, who sponsored the House's Keystone bill and has been promised a seat of his own on the energy panel. The measure offers Landrieu a final chance to demonstrate her clout before voters return to the polls.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/18/politics/senate-keystone-vote/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just hoping that NW is indoctrinated about the actual facts on global warming. A scene out of Clockwork Orange comes to mind. NW is third in line after mrgybe and Isobars. Now that would involve a rash of happiness!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would respond but too busy battening down the hatches for record cold temperatures...........again. Of course, it's just weather...........again.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I'm just hoping that NW is indoctrinated about the actual facts on global warming. A scene out of Clockwork Orange comes to mind. NW is third in line after mrgybe and Isobars. Now that would involve a rash of happiness!

"indoctrinated", LOL, I'll bet you love that term, do you use that method on your 5th graders? I sure hope not.
Have you told them that people like us should be driven off the edge of our flat earth? How about eating meat, do you encourage them to be vegans so we won't all burn up?
I fear for our children w/in our current public indoctrination, oops, I mean our public education system.
Any real unrevised U.S. history taught there anymore? I doubt it.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to recognize irony is apparently not taught in the schools attended by mrgybe and NW.
DaneDingerson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nw sure has a bunch of stupid opinions to assign today.

Years of Talk Radio indoctrination and you wind up thinking assigning dumb opinions to others is valid commentary. Talk does this nonstop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 40 of 81

Jump to: