myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Light wind planing in the Midwest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fins longer than the width of the board one foot from the tail are too big for most applications, for most windsurfing apps.

if the board is 52 cm wide a foot in front of the back end, then you are good to go. why the change from one unit of measure is beyond me, but it typically is a great axiom.

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
Sailboarder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rangerider wrote:
I am planning to get an MFC liquid pro fin 50cm and see how it works - it is 4 cm longer than the fin supplied with the board so it should be reasonable I would think.

I once compared a Kona 40 to a Liquid Pro 40 in a shop and they looked identical, apart from the color. I also have a Kona 46. Because of this, I asked around if getting a Liquid pro 50 would be an improvement in my early planing. The answer I got was that I would be better with a good 50 cm slalom fin such as this:

http://www.select-hydrofoils.com/en/fins/elite/s12-slam-xl/

I didn't proceed in the end, so I cannot confirm or help you with a selection, but I plan on researching that type of fin when I need to replace my fin. I hope someone else with better knowledge will step in...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: