myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We're Sailing Today / where we sailed today
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geohaye

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Where We're Sailing Today / where we sailed today Reply with quote

Here it is: As requested for the Northwest forum, an ongoing thread where people can compare notes about where to sail each day, and also on the flipside: where did you sail and how was it?

Weather is unsettled at the moment, but hopefully the good conditions crank up again soon.

To start things off: a clip from Godsey's post from Tuesday.

hatch.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  551.02 KB
 Viewed:  28853 Time(s)

hatch.png

Last edited by geohaye on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
pbiltoft

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Cold water sailing Reply with quote

Andy- Thanks for lending me your 3 mm vest at Rowena last week. I had forgotten my wetsuit and really wanted to sail! The vest and my neoprene shorts kept me warm enough to sail for a little over half an hour. When I got out of the water only my hands and feet were really cold. Given that I had a friend to sail with and a plan to get out of the water as soon as I got cold I think sailing in cold water was not an issue. Very Happy
andymc4610

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, glad it all worked out, hope you have a good year sailing.
pbiltoft

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do! I hope to sail with you again soon!
dana_miller

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: It was fairly big in Bandon Thursday Reply with quote

Sure the wind was a little unruly but the waves were smooth considering how hard it was blowing. The river flow wasn't too bad and with an incoming tide, that helped keep the longshore current from being too rad. I've had some really good days there this winter and it's my new favorite south wind spot on the south coast. And they just cleared the driftwood out of the parking lot so you can park right there and your photographer (Tigi was shooting) can shoot from the van even if it's pouring rain, which it was most this day. Submitted with gratitude and respect. Dana. More at BoardheadInternational.com [/i]

Jetty face.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.06 KB
 Viewed:  27985 Time(s)

Jetty face.jpg

johnl

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overpowered day at Rowena. Sensor was showing upper 20's (28??) averages but I was OP on a 77l board and 3.2m sail (I'm 185lbs!). Seemed to be the general opinion that it was windy out there. Water all the way up on the rocks (shortest walk I've ever had there), but found a rock with my fin. Sad

Good sized swell in the middle, but a lot of mulit-directional chop.
knifeonwater

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gusty 4.2 all afternoon at Swell, lots of lookers not many takers. The light was was deceiving. Plenty of wind and really good swell. If we ever get a solid 3.7 day look out, it's going to be all time.
hilton08

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Doug's Sunday Reply with quote

Big day at Doug's today. I saw a guy in front of a breaking swell that was taller than his 3.5 sail. Someone was shooting video. Hopefully it will show up online soon.
jota

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic Roosevelt afternoon! Wound on a 3.7 with a little board, fantastic Arlington swell. River levels on the up-river side of the John Day dam are normal this year, unlike the corridor and near-east, where high water seems to be inhibiting good swell.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me getting wiped out by this swell sunday on my 3.5 after getting tossed.

GOPR0011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.63 KB
 Viewed:  27178 Time(s)

GOPR0011.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: