myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Collateral Damage on Cape Cod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkrug

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceratz wrote:
...you refuse to accept the respect required for bird nesting...

no, i refuse to accept the fact that you or any other environmental nazi knows what they're talking about. there is a perception amongst you loons that these birds are bothered by us. that's all it is. but, like global warming, it's following is fanatic and true facts are no match. and while they're eating plovers in South America, we're closing beaches for them.

when the loons decided to kill crows so that they'd stop harming the plovers, i realized at that point that nature is actually quite irrelevant to you; all that matters to you is your view of what nature should be. the two have nothing in common.

but hell, i'm open minded, please provide the factual data that shows plovers are threatened by kites...and please include the data that shows plovers are not threatened by windsurfers.
iceratz@comcast.net

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Endangered Species Act was not put in place by 'Nazis', again you obviously have an axe to grind with your tone and nothing but disrespect for your environment. (no wonder your banned)

Proof?
I think the law does not require proof. It simply reads something like:

"This final rule defines the term "harm" to include any act which actually kills or injures fish or wildlife, and emphasizes that such acts may include significant habitat modification or degradation that significantly impairs essential behavioral patterns of fish or wildlife."

http://www.fws.gov/endangered/laws-policies/definition-of-harm.html

I don't make the rules dude..so don't hammer me...
But I respect the rules in place regardless.
Yes, of course windsurfers can impact nesting areas. So can fishermen, beachers, ect. We ALL need to keep out of nesting areas.

But several designated kiting areas happened to be near nesting. Too bad.
I guess you got to work to get it moved.
DriverA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger and nesting sites aside, Summertime Cape beaches are some of the busiest in the country. Kites take up more real estate and when you look at all the cars that have paid $22 to go to the beach, it is clear that kites and windsurfers are far outnumbered. Complaints from the primary users can hurt access for all.

Don't be a kook, be respectful and aware of how you might impact other beach goers. Be friendly and promote the stoke. Obey the rules. No, Kalmus is not a kiting beach one minute after the lifeguards leave.

If all else fails, you're welcome to come back to the windsurfing fray. We're Always looking to upgrade and will sell you some nice used equipment real cheap Smile
inlandsea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceratz wrote:
inlandsea wrote:

All Hail the Carolina Skiff!
Hell i might start selling them!

Philip

I got a Grady White! Cool

Too bad Grady Whites Suck. Dont associate with me. Im Bi-Wateral.
inlandsea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a kiter/Windsurfer thing and no one can claim they are not a problem for the towns.

Go down to west dennis and Watch the Life guards go Ballistic when windsurfers are in the swimming area (constantly).

Go after hours and watch the lazy asses set up right in the swimming area or not in the designated areas for Wind or Kite.

We are all guilty either in reality or by association.

Most of this boils down to Lazyness and a lack of respect for others and the property of others. You see it on the streets, at the grocery store basically everywhere. Unfoprtunatly for us we are a visible side group and if we do not start acting like other than 2 year olds with a big shit in our diaper, we can expect nothing but more bans and closures.
inlandsea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about those cranberrys! Sugary Muther F-ers. making our kids Fat!
blockidog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so we CAN'T just "get akona?????"
DriverA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta cut back on the Ocean Spray Juice boxes Confused
paulf.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear jkrug, the issue is about civilian safety on the beaches, not the plovers. but you did bring it up, so i have to point out that there is no connection between loons, which are clean fresh water dwelling, and plovers as shorebirds. they also do not migrate to south america, so are not eaten there. google peter trull for clarification. any kite shadow(toy or traction) is thought to mimic a predator, picture crow or raptor, hence the ban over nesting areas, not to mention the mechanical effect of possibly crashing a kite on a nest.
spookini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krug, yes global warming is fake -- and all major papers in this country did not just run a frontpage story 2days ago about how the pace of rising seas in the Coastal Atlantic is occurring 4x faster than even the most pessismistic estimates Rolling Eyes

I'd post the link.., but I'm too busy trying to google the stories you mentioned about rogue WS rigs blowing in at 2knots and wiping out entire legions of beachgoers Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: