myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Link to new Alcatraz and Blunt Point sensors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Link to new Alcatraz and Blunt Point sensors. Reply with quote

Here is the link to the new sensors:

http://windalert.com/en-us/Search/ViewResults.aspx#37.833,-122.423,13

Just enter your existing user name and password at the top of Windalert.com and you are ready to go. You can also access these new sensors on our iPhone, ipad and Android free apps.

The imagery below shows the physical locations of the new sensors.

The Blunt Point sensor location is perfect and updates every minute or so rather than 30 minutes like the NOAA sensor. The old sensor was too high above the water and too far inland for accurate readings. The Blunt Point sensor is a critical early warning of the wind ramping up inside the bay. Even if you do not sail or kite nearby keep an eye on this sensor.

The new Alcatraz sensor is not in a perfect location. Putting a sensor on a historical site and a bird sanctuary is challenging. The best we could do was a roof mounted sensor that is subject to a lot of turbulence. Still if you use the GUST reading you have an idea of the wind in the middle of the Bay.

Mike Godsey
weatherflow.com
iwindsurf.com
ikitesurf.com
sailflow.com
fishweather.com

New sensors.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  815.03 KB
 Viewed:  9227 Time(s)

New sensors.jpg

radross

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have it on the iwindsurf San Francisco wind observation map, too? Maybe switch it out for the Angel Isl. sensor?

Ross.
tombrady3841

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

having trouble logging in, wind alert won't take my iwindsurf password
Iam logged in on my iphone it appears, but when I use my computer it won't let me log into wind alert. I can't see Blunt point on my iphone but I can see Anita and other sites. Any Advice?
T
windfind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

Try closing your computer browser. Then click on the link above and enter your iwindsurf.com user name and password. If that does not work clear your browser cache then repeat the above. If still issues try a different browser. With your iPhone you have 2 options. Search under Blunt Point or Point Blunt and add it to your favorites. Or bring up a map of the Bay Area and zoom into to the Point Blunt area. Then add to favorites.

If that does not work you will have to contact our customer service. http://www.iwindsurf.com/support.iws?topic=Contact+Us&ShowPhone=true

We are adding lots of our own sensors throughout the USA and thousands of PD sensors world wide. The ancient code behind iwindsurf.com makes it a tedious hand process for adding new sites to the hand made maps. With WindAlert the whole process is automatic once we enter Lat. and Long. So we are putting new sensors on WindAlert and then if there is enough demand we may add them to iwindsurf.com when we have time.

Mike
tombrady3841

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
I have it working now, Thank you.
Too bad we cannot put this on our iwindsurf.
Blunt point would be the reason for me to look at WindAlert.
Maybe in the future. It's getting windy this afternoon, gotta go
T
ronadler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Blunt point and alcatraz sensors Reply with quote

We are still not getting the Blunt Point or Alcatraz sensors on the iWindsurf current windspeed map (on the computer) or on the iPhone WAP site. I don't want to use the WindAlert App AND the iWindsurf App! Once you get the two new sites on iWindsurf I can configure my iPhone to include it. Right now it is not an option! Help. Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: