myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Light Air Wavesailing, Gaining Ground in Your Area?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NC-Paddle-Surfer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Light Air Wavesailing, Gaining Ground in Your Area? Reply with quote

Windnc wrote:
I still can't figure out why more people are not taking advantage of the fun ......

My opinion....

Too many windsurfers are not "surfers". Therefore they want to go fast and 11'3s are never going to go fast. So for them, it's lame and boring.

Meanwhile real surfers, appreciate quality surfing and get great thrill from sliding into a nice wave and just riding it. They could care less about going fast, its all about the surfing.

I say this as a windsurfer who never became a real surfer, until recently. Also true of most of the local windsurf crew.

Now, thanks to 5 years of SUP, and now high performance SUPing on a 7'8, I'm a real surfer. I even surfed a shortboard recently.

This change in surf skill changed everything for me. I bought an 11'3 Amundson and rediscovered longboard SUP surfing and wind SUP surfing.

I tried a 10'6 wind SUP and didn't like it. The 11'3 catches more waves with paddle or sail and just feels more fun. The challenge and thrill of a head high northeaster on a longboard is awesome.

Since getting the 11'3, I'm out there all the time. It generates lots of questions on the beach. Most people don't know what that sport is called. They only know about kiting. Oh how far this sport has fallen!

http://ncpaddlesurfer.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: