myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Unbelievable, but true
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Unbelievable, but true Reply with quote

A State Senator from Arizona showed just how mixed up some Americans in government are. It's unbelievable that there are folks in politics don't have a clue about what is arguably one of the most important amendments in the US Constitution, the First Amendment. If I was an Arizona resident from her district, I would be calling for her immediate removal from office.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/03/27/pkg-arizona-senator-church-attendance-mandatory.ktvk
gronquist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mandatory church attendance", my ass!
Unbelievable.
Kick her out!

here's my prayer! "Dear Lord, please protect me from thy Followers."
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that prayer. My reactions to biblethumpers (and Greenies) at my door range from not answering to debating, with lots of room in between. Come once, I'll treat them politely. Come twice, game on. The thumpers are well armed with rhetoric they believe in (plus BS if that fails), but the Greenies (e.g., Sierra Club, Wilderness Society) are just young ideologues paid to drum up business, and don't know what the hell they're talking about. I love the expression on their faces when confronted with their own ignorance and stupidity as represented by the harm their organizations have done and the statements they've made. They remind me of unions: they did some good stuff early last century before morphing into self-serving thugs.

"Mandatory church attendance"? Let me guess ... Rev. Wright, or his most famous follower, or that follower's first lady? Good luck wid dat. Bad enough they want to tell me what to eat. Or was it Cruz?
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, unbelievable?

How about Obama touting the virtues of mandatory voting last week?

How about children needing a permission slip from their parents so they can eat Oreo Cookies at school?
http://reason.com/blog/2015/03/26/parents-must-sign-permission-slip-before

How about children ordered not to sit more than 30 minutes?
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/28598711/new-york-city-limits-juice-in-day-cares

How about FEMA toying with the idea of withholding disaster funds from states that deny global warming? They must be punished!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/23/fema-targets-climate-change-denier-governors-could/

How about Hillary supporters putting limits on freedom of speech with a list of words that won't be acceptable?
http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/25/here-are-the-words-hillarys-supporters-wont-let-you-say/

And of course there is that old fine you have to pay if you don't have health insurance.

But I'm sure you are way more concerned about prayer.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a big difference between creative spin employed by many on the right, and what the Arizona State Senator dressed in purple so clearly said. You always have to keep your eye on religious nuts. There is no freedom in religion, and giving them any quarter in governmental matters is totally unacceptable in my view. Some of us really do believe in the First Amendment.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is a state rep, not even federal. Low iq. Plenty of them in government.

What about congressman Hank Johnson who said Guam would tip over if we put more troops on it.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS, Nixon handed over the tapes, Hillary wiped the hard drive. INSANE!
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, there is a reason why many of us choose to live in California, and especially in the more choice locales along the coast. Of course, the further you move inland, the nuttier the folks get, even in California.

Did you know that the Arizona State Senator is a Morman? You have to admit, even Christians find LDS folks a bit out of line, and untoward in their beliefs.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes swc, you are showing your 'geographicism' (aka geographic bigotry), and what's worse, you're a religious bigot as well,,,,,,, true colors.

But on a better note~
Even Nixon didn't destroy the tapes!
EVEN NIXON DIDN'T DESTROY THE TAPES!

That has a really nice ring to it, I think we will be hearing that a whole lot during the campaign season, should be fun. Wink

Last edited by nw30 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
PS, Nixon handed over the tapes, Hillary wiped the hard drive. INSANE!

How'd that work for Nixon?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: