myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thank you Wisconsin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

The same neighbor who later poisoned my golden retriever...

Geez, Mikey, even your dog pissed off people.

I feel sorry for your neighborhood.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true KC. There are no easy answers to disruptive kids in classrooms. Establishing clear expectations and firm, non-violent discipline that shows that teachers are actually responsible adults, rather than just another neighborhood bully, is part of it. But the highly disturbed kids who act out usually, (not always) have something astonishingly terrible going on in their lives. Simply booting them out of the classroom pretty much guarantees their continued slide down. Those that pontificate here about their easy answers usually have not tried classroom management.

Some kids deserve better parents. With his role model style, I am only too happy that Mike Fick didn't have any that would act out in school due to his steady drumbeat of violent preaching. I am positive he would blame the teachers, not the parenting.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to topic. Scott Walker finds Christmas a good time to raise funds for re-election--and his buddies suggest it come out of kids toy money. I kid you not, take a look:

Quote:
We knew Scott Walker was a Grinch when he stole $1.9 billion from our kids’ public schools and colleges, but now he’s going after their Christmas presents, too!

The message below is a REAL email I received from the Scott Walker campaign, urging people NOT to buy presents for their children this holiday season (and to donate the money to Walker’s campaign, instead!).

Vote today: Was Scott Walker’s email appropriate, or not? Click here to tell us what you think.

-Michael

Michael Sargeant
Executive Director
The Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee

--------------Original Message----------------
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2013 4:16 PM
To: Michael Sargeant
Subject: Black Friday

Friend,

Instead of venturing into the cold this Black Friday, stay in and give your children a gift that will keep on giving.

This year, we are celebrating the Holiday Season with a Black Friday special that is better than any deal found in stores. Donate $5, $10 or $25 to help Governor Walker get reelected and save your children from a future of double-digit tax increases and billion dollar budget deficits.

Instead of electronics or toys that will undoubtedly be outdated, broken, or lost by the next Holiday Season, help give your children the gift of a Wisconsin that we can all be proud of. Governor Walker is helping Wisconsin move forward to a future where your children and grandchildren can experience:

Economic Prosperity

Improved Schools

Freedom From Government Dependence

The Governor wants his sons to grow up in a Wisconsin as great as the one he grew up in. When asked why he never stopped fighting for Wisconsin during the Recall, Governor Walker says he has two reasons, his sons Matt and Alex.

With your help, Governor Walker is enacting reforms that are securing a strong state for the future of Wisconsin’s children. This Black Friday, donate $5, $10 or $25 to help Governor Walker win reelection so he can continue to help Wisconsin move forward.

A strong Wisconsin is the best gift you can give.

Respectfully,

Taylor Palmisano
Friends of Scott Walker

Tell me again, one good thing the Tea Party has actually accomplished?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've kept Wisconsin from looking like Detroit. Easy to see the difference between a well run state and a poorly run state. Texas is booming and people are leaving California for Texas. Yeah Yeah, I wouldn't want to live there either.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard..are you kidding me? Wisconcin has a fairly dymanic economy...high tech in Madison, thriving dairy business, tourism, etc. Detroit is a relic of old America. BTW- Northern California is booming , big time, and the state has a $2.6 B SURPLUS!!!
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geography and facts both confuse Bard.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Texas. The people there regard their government as a joke.
They have oil money so they haven't self destructed yet.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I lived in Texas. The people there regard their government as a joke.
They have oil money so they haven't self destructed yet.

A huge percent of the population in Texas is either uninsured, or uneducated, or both. That is what happens when you slash away at taxes to entice business relocation. I travel to Texas for business 3 or 4 times a year, I wouldnt live there for free.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best for self esteem to work rather than collect welfare.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--agreed. Even better to only be on welfare until you can get back on your feet and employed--if your husband leaves you and doesn't pay child support, if you're laid off, and so forth. Which is the actual story of most people on welfare and food stamps. So I guess you support the social safety net if it lets people go back to work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: