myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2012 Tabou Dacurve Quadster
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xander.arch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really sure why you are having a hard time getting the da curve upwind. I found that with the four fins it motors upwind like mad. Maybe try a little more upright stance with more mast pressure from the front hand. It seems like the quads like that as opposed to really driving off your back foot to go upwind.

As for fins I changed the rears from the stock 15cm to 14cm k4 plastic fins that i got from Joe at davenport surf sail. Since Joe didn't have the k4 thrusters i figured I'd just keep using the stock 8cm g10 thrusters. All i can say is that im very happy i didn't throw down almost 3 bills for a new set of g10 quads. The k4s have loosened the board up even more and give the board the perfect level of grip vs slide. They make the board really snap on top turns. Wow is all I can say. This setup is just perfect for me and like i said earlier is really helping my wavesailing progress.
Windnc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Da Curve Quad Reply with quote

Anyone tried the Da Curve 91? I am 195 lbs and just wondering if that would be a better choice for someone my size me than the 85 for wavesailing?
obxaddict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xander,
Did you get the k4 flex or stubby in 14cm? Also did you ever try a bigger center fin for the bay?

I think my technique is a work in progress. I've got to get used to coming off fsw to pure wave. I'll work on staying more upright. On the east coast the thruster mode most often fits Tabou's suggestions for setup so a bigger center fin would be interesting to try too.

xander.arch wrote:
Not really sure why you are having a hard time getting the da curve upwind. I found that with the four fins it motors upwind like mad. Maybe try a little more upright stance with more mast pressure from the front hand. It seems like the quads like that as opposed to really driving off your back foot to go upwind.

As for fins I changed the rears from the stock 15cm to 14cm k4 plastic fins that i got from Joe at davenport surf sail. Since Joe didn't have the k4 thrusters i figured I'd just keep using the stock 8cm g10 thrusters. All i can say is that im very happy i didn't throw down almost 3 bills for a new set of g10 quads. The k4s have loosened the board up even more and give the board the perfect level of grip vs slide. They make the board really snap on top turns. Wow is all I can say. This setup is just perfect for me and like i said earlier is really helping my wavesailing progress.
xander.arch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the K4 flex. I tried the board in tri fin mode a couple of times in flat water. It felt a little more lively in a straight line and a little stiffer in the turns. It was worse going upwind than in quad mode but a bigger center than the one suppied would solve that. Have fun with your board!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: