myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How is Hatteras on Thanksgiving?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
npiankov

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: How is Hatteras on Thanksgiving? Reply with quote

I've been to Hatteras the last 3 years in mid to late April. Great weather (warm!) and pretty good winds every time. Now we are thinking of going there in the fall and likely on Thanksgiving week. How are the conditions then, specifically compared to April? In particular:
- Air temps
- Water temps
- Winds
- Sunny/cloudy

Please advise. Thanks!
paulf.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been there about 8 thanksgivings,, air and water are typically warmer than april. ive jogged the lighthouse at 75 degrees and sailed the hole in 45 degrees and 40mph nw. ive never been skunked if staying at least several days. ivve sailed every sail size from 8m to 4m from every direction,well mostly sw, nw and ne, often all in the same 4 or 5 days. ive had to spend a few extra days because the road washed out on a major northeaster. all good fun and certainly some easy extra sailing days after the air and water start to chill down here in new england..
DriverA

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. We went Thanksgiving week 2 years ago. The place was deserted and many of the restaurants were closed for the season, so plan accordingly. The positive was good wind and because it was slow, it's easier to talk Andy at Wind NC into joining you for a sesh Very Happy
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DriverA wrote:
The positive was good wind and because it was slow, it's easier to talk Andy at Wind NC into joining you for a sesh Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Yeah Right, I wish!! Laughing February is when I get to sail mid-day... Otherwise, it's dawn and dusk for me! Works out pretty well, actually, with my Irish skin tone.........

Regarding Thanksgiving... You literally can't forecast it. I've seen 70+ degrees and sunshine, and 40 degrees and rain, and everything in between. 0 knots... and 40 knots... So the golden rule applies: Bring Everything!!

Hope to see you then! (or sooner)

http://wind-nc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: