myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Government Incompetence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss said:
Quote:
Citizens or holders of green cards may claim the dependent deduction regardless of the location of the dependent, as far as I know.

Why remove that deduction for anyone who complies with the law?

My point is that if you do have nieces and nephews that are actually dependents, then yes, claim them on your tax form.

I guess the IRS has no checks or balances regarding dependents claimed on tax forms. Anyone can claim anything they wish with no worry about fraud or lying about claims because the IRS can't, or won't check on you. I guess that's the loophole.

It looks to me like many illegals are claiming relatives that are not dependents or may not even exist in order to FRADULENTY get tax refunds.

And you say -
Quote:
The only issue is whether the IRS is going to spend a ton of money to investigate and disqualify certain dependents in order to claw back the credits, interest and penalties or prosecute the immigrants for tax fraud and likely get nothing but a huge prison bill out of it.

Gee, it's too costly to fight crime (tax fraud), so let's just ignore it. Is this liberal thinking?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno...are you kidding me? You have been consistent in talking about smaller GOVT, now you want more money for the IRS? are you turning liberal? The DEMS are constantly begging for more money for the IRS, SEC , GAO...and the GOP constantly rebuffs them.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
it's too costly to fight crime (tax fraud), so let's just ignore it. Is this liberal thinking?

When it applies to Democrat voters, yes. That Trayvon Martin died and the reporters did not was not the deciding factor in why the Norfolk, VA reporter beat-down by a mob went unreported so long. Where are Jackson and Sharpton, let alone the law and the media, when a black mob hospitalizes a white couple?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say the govt has crippled its own citizens by over regulating, and over coddling them that soon they will be wiping our asses for us.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
...that soon they will be wiping our asses for us.

Rather than complain, Mr. Bard, you should be grateful for the employment opportunities that offers you to provide that service -- maybe providing it to someone who collects disability. I'm sure you two guys would get along well.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 said:
Quote:
Techno...are you kidding me? You have been consistent in talking about smaller GOVT, now you want more money for the IRS? are you turning liberal? The DEMS are constantly begging for more money for the IRS, SEC , GAO...and the GOP constantly rebuffs them.

Exactly, the IRS is BIG government at work. Our tax system is so complex, the IRS just turns a blind eye to fraud because they are too busy managing a tax system for which they probably aren't aware of many of the complexities in their own system. My CPA tells me each year about the hundreds of pages of changes that come down each year and how massive and mind boggling the system really is.

No I don't want more government, I want a simpler tax system that can be managed fairly for everyone. No I don't want a liberal fix for the IRS (more money), it doesn't care about what it should be doing now. Time for a new system.

The IRS and our tax system is the perfect example of what happens when government gets too big. No one in the system cares that 4 billion dollars goes down the tubes each year, and that's probably the tip of the iceberg.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Techno. I am a supporter of Simpson/Bowles. But , for the record...Repubs have been consistent in reducing or killing funds for the SEC, IRS, and GAO. The SEC could have used some extra bucks in the past decade.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair Tax.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No tax....Can't they just keep printing money? It seems to be working fine. Rolling Eyes
jp5

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Sorry to say the govt has crippled its own citizens by over regulating, and over coddling them that soon they will be wiping our asses for us.

I can hardly wait because frankly I am getting tired of doing it myself. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: