myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Do oil companies pay their fair share?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:

Hows that solar thing going, how many billions has obama wasted on moonbat power.

Overall, it's actually working quite well. You and your rabid colleagues prefer to focus only on the few failures, of course.

And it's not moonbat power, it's sunlight power. That might explain why your panels aren't working. Put them in the sunlight, not the moonlight.

Face it, Matty. It's not panels or solar or sunlight or moonbats that infuriates you. It's not even the dollars. It's Obama's melanin.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am referring to an indiviual investors investment in solar panels for ones own personal use. A 25,000 investment netted me 4kw, which provides about $330 of electrical power per month, or 6.5 years to BE...pretty good. The companies you referenced have no shot, because of the Chinese subsidies. My refernce to intergrated oil is the recent stock market performance of the group.
By the way, there are many real estate developers who would like to develop Pt Richmond, and San Quentin. Mr Gybe, in California..we have prop 13, so no council will assess the value of the proerty, the tax base is created by the price paid. So, your entire diatribe is not applicable in this case, but it is entertaining.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
The companies you referenced have no shot, because of the Chinese subsidies.

You know that, I know that, all informed people know that........but the Obama Administration didn't know that before investing (losing) hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars?
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman said:
Quote:
I am referring to an individual investors investment in solar panels for ones own personal use. A 25,000 investment netted me 4kw, which provides about $330 of electrical power per month, or 6.5 years to BE...pretty good.

Yes, but how much of my tax money did the government give you so that you can break even in 6.5 years rather than 20?

I am fine with solar, but only when it's payback is in a reasonable amount of time (+ or - 10 years), BUT without government subsidy.

Anything the government has to bribe you to buy, isn't ready for the open market. Same with electric cars.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
boggsman said:
Quote:
I am referring to an individual investors investment in solar panels for ones own personal use. A 25,000 investment netted me 4kw, which provides about $330 of electrical power per month, or 6.5 years to BE...pretty good.

Yes, but how much of my tax money did the government give you so that you can break even in 6.5 years rather than 20?

I am fine with solar, but only when it's payback is in a reasonable amount of time (+ or - 10 years), BUT without government subsidy.

Anything the government has to bribe you to buy, isn't ready for the open market. Same with electric cars.

Right back at you: how much of MY money, and it was a LOT last year, does Exxon need in subsidies when crude is at $104? Certainly Exxon's success helps the Dallas real estate market, so in essence, I helped you Mr Techno!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
The companies you referenced have no shot, because of the Chinese subsidies.

You know that, I know that, all informed people know that........but the Obama Administration didn't know that before investing (losing) hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars?

Its not just Obama Mr Gybe, the program has been on going for years. If you want to go over all the losers GOVT has funded, why dont we get a case of Guiness and hash it out.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smarty pants gybester. You take such joy when others miss a detail, yet you jump to conclusions without much research beyond "Oily news of the Day". The City Council did not set the assessment of property, it was finally set by the court, despite all of the efforts of Chevron in litigation to push it down. The county of Contra Costa has an assessor's office which made the original assessment. I'm not sure how much that assessment depends on the land, and how much on the improvements--but I'm certain that you don't know. Having a firm grasp of the facts has never stopped you from venturing a hard right opinion.

You seem to ignore, as usual, the larger point that Chevron has changed its management style and gone to war with most of the politicians in the East Bay. I know many of the environmental and management at Chevron, and they are decent people and do a good job, now, on the water quality side. Not so much in the past, and not so much on the air quality side. But their approach at the corporate levels, like yours, is authoritarian and ineffective.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 said:
Quote:
Right back at you: how much of MY money, and it was a LOT last year, does Exxon need in subsidies when crude is at $104? Certainly Exxon's success helps the Dallas real estate market, so in essence, I helped you Mr Techno!

Yes, but I also don't believe Exxon should get any subsidies either, they are doing just fine without help. You are fine with some subsidies, I am not.

If you can't make it on your own, there isn't a market. Now that I have said that, there could be some areas where government subsidies may be a good idea, but at the moment, I am not coming up with any.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
there could be some areas where government subsidies may be a good idea, but at the moment, I am not coming up with any.

Adequate mdical care for people with preexisting conditions comes to mind.

OH, YEAH ... we already have that. It's called Medicaid.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
boggsman1 said:
Quote:

Yes, but I also don't believe Exxon should get any subsidies either, they are doing just fine without help. You are fine with some subsidies, I am not.

If you can't make it on your own, there isn't a market. Now that I have said that, there could be some areas where government subsidies may be a good idea, but at the moment, I am not coming up with any.

Techno..Exxon IS getting subsidized, AND, they are doing well. There are businesses that private money wont invest in because of near term cash flow needs, and GOVT does fill a need. So, I wont say I am against subsidies in general.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: