myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thoughtful critique of Obama administration
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama, a Constitutional law lecturer at Harvard, said this week that the Supreme Court has never struck down a law duly passed by the Congress. In fact, from Marbury v Madison in 1803 through 2002, the Court has struck down as unconstitutional 1,539 city, state, and federal laws, including 158 federal laws passed by the Congress. Which is the bigger lie … his “unprecedented” lie or his claim that he knows Constitutional law? No wonder he keeps his academic records sealed.

Disprove one statement in the following very thoughtful, observant, and accurate critique of Obama and his administration; it’s been all over the radio and the internet lately. This guy is handing the vote of most informed Americans to the GOP; let’s hope they outnumber the clueless, Marxist, IWANNITS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-FGgoReyNE .

I’ve only listened to it three times, and have been unable to find any more than one slight distortion in it, and even that, about Pelosi, is a dodge from the left. Every claim he makes comes straight from contextual clips of Democrats’ lips moving, including public speeches, and specific actions they have taken. And realize that even if you manage to dispute one claim based on Media Matters or Daily Kos spam, the other 99% still condemns him as a total failure.

And just a couple of days ago he repeated that government spending (he recently changed to the euphemism, "investment" to fool the foolish) is what made this country great.

How can any of you vote for Obama and call yourselves good Americans?
feuser

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those indeed interested in thought as part of the opinion making process, let me offer this:
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/

Click on: TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN FOR OFFICE

Especially sobering the last bit with Senator John McCain and Professor Feingold. Listen to McCain's assessment of the supreme court's questioning in the Citizens United case.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

How can any of you vote for Obama and call yourselves good Americans?

Because the other side--your side--continues to offer clowns, nitwits, and stumbling boneheads as candidates, just as happened during the election that installed Obama.

Maybe you should run, Mikey. Then you'd receive a much, much larger government handout for doing nothing.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama's arrogance shows its ugly head again.

From: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504564_162-57408827-504564/appeals-court-fires-back-at-obamas-comments-on-health-care-case/

Quote:
(CBS News) In the escalating battle between the administration and the judiciary, a federal appeals court apparently is calling the president's bluff -- ordering the Justice Department to answer by Thursday whether the Obama Administration believes that the courts have the right to strike down a federal law, according to a lawyer who was in the courtroom.

The order, by a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, appears to be in direct response to the president's comments yesterday about the Supreme Court's review of the health care law. Mr. Obama all but threw down the gauntlet with the justices, saying he was "confident" the Court would not "take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress."
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Mr. Obama all but threw down the gauntlet with the justices, saying he was "confident" the Court would not "take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress."

I suspect that both emotionally and rationally, that comment and its implications about Obama's attitude towards the fundamental purpose of our checks and balance system should be and is enough to sway Kennedy's swing vote if he was on the fence. It's at least as damning as Obama's open mic promise to the head of the KGB to screw the free world next year by beginning to pursue his goal of (nuclear) disarming the U.S., starting with missile defense. He's CAUGHT being more stupid and dangerous than even Jimmy Carter, yet apparently there are a few people with triple digit IQs willing to vote for him.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit? Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. I have to view Smith's bold arrogance and grandstanding as no big surprise. Maybe a little bit of the Confederate mindset still lives on? If it was up to me, Smith wouldn't get his 3 page letter.
feuser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

I suspect that both emotionally and rationally, that comment and its implications about Obama's attitude towards the fundamental purpose of our checks and balance system should be and is enough to sway Kennedy's swing vote if he was on the fence.

Checks and balances... How about the basic roles of the three branches of Government?

I thought Congress made laws and the Supreme Court tested them for their constitutionality?

It starts with reading the damn thing, which Scalia can't be bothered with

"You want us to go through 2,700 pages?”

And leaping from food (health insurance) to broccoli (a specific product):
“Everybody has to buy food sooner or later, so you define the market as food,” he said. “Therefore, everybody is in the market. Therefore, you can make people buy broccoli.”

If the refusal of 10% of the US population to consume food would amount to 2/3 of the cost of health care - something that now consumes 17% of the entire GDP - would Scalia still wildly philosophize and confuse his metaphors?

The fact of the matter is that that the conservatives on the supreme court are now attempting to rewrite a law that has broad support in the industry - the insurance and health care delivery industry - while being completely clueless in regards to the subject at hand.

This is going to be a train wreck and one unintended consequence for the conservatives may be that they're bringing back the single payer system or, at least, the public option by fighting their own prescription to the insurance crisis.

isobars wrote:

It's at least as damning as Obama's open mic promise to the head of the KGB to screw the free world next year by beginning to pursue his goal of (nuclear) disarming the U.S., starting with missile defense. He's CAUGHT being more stupid and dangerous than even Jimmy Carter, yet apparently there are a few people with triple digit IQs willing to vote for him.

You got all that out of his remark?

"On all these issues, but particularly missile defence, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space."

"This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

I wonder who's pulling the puppet strings these days.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama critic..
mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why am I not surprised that Bard subscribes to a rude, fascist liar?
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Obama critic..

I'll bet some of these guys will dispute one of Savage's bullet points, citing Media Matters, MSNBC, the Daily Kos, and Howard Dean as references.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: