myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thoughtful critique of Obama administration
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair mrgybe, how the Supreme Court eventually rules on the ACA will have an affect on both the right and the left regardless of the outcome. Not surprisingly, credible pundits are offering differing views, with some even surmising that President Obama will sustain lift whether the law is upheld or struck down.

Regarding the Florida killing, trial by the media is what so many folks hang on. Personally I believe the case will be investigated by the authorities, and if warranted, Zimmerman will stand trial and be judged by a jury of his peers. If Zimmerman is tried, I also think that the Florida law will also be judged too, even if it's not the direct subject of the trial. I find the idea of private citizens carrying guns around is a problem just waiting to happen.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predictable ultra-right twaddle from Iso and mrgybe on both Obama and Zimmerman. The only smart people on the shooting in Florida have kept their mouths shut to await the results of an investigation. The cops told Zimmerman to quit following, he didn't. Nobody knows what happened next, or how the confrontation started. Everybody knows that if Zimmerman simply waited for the cops a young man would still be alive. The rest is speculation.

Mrgybe and the rest of the right share culpability in seeing more political advantage in fighting health care legislation than amending it to reflect their views. And where there views are reflected--as in the Heritage foundation, they reveal themselves as the party of no when they disavow those views so widely bruited. The idea of the mandate to buy insurance, a conservative view, if disallowed leaves fundamental reform still to be done. What have the Re-thugs to achieve that? Name a real bill.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find if I read the DrudgeReport early in the am, I can see righty's arguments hours before they come.....its like the test results before you take the test. I dont know much about the Zimmerman-Martin case, other than one guy had a 9mm, and the other dude didnt.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old song from 70 80 band XTC, British .

(andy partridge)
Programmes of violence, As entertainment, Brings the disease into your room. We know the germ,Which is man-made in metal,Is really a key to your own tomb.
Prevention is better than cure,Bad apples affecting the pure,You'll gather your senses I'm sureThen agree to,
Melt the guns,Melt the guns, Melt the guns,And never more to fire them.
Melt the guns,Melt the guns,Melt the guns,And never more desire them.
Children will want them,Mothers supply them,As long as your killers are heroes.And all the mediaWill fiddle while rome burns,Acting like modern-time neros.
Prevention is better than cure,Bad apples affecting the pure,You'll gather your senses I'm sureThen agree to,[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/melt-the-guns-lyrics-xtc.html ]
Melt the guns,Melt the guns,Melt the guns,And never more to fire them.
Melt the guns,Melt the guns,Melt the guns,And never more desire them.
I'm speaking to the justice league of america.The u s of a,Hey you,Yes you in particular! When it comes to the judgement day and you're standing at the gates with your weaponry,You dead go down on one knee,Clasp your hands in prayer and start quoting me,'cos we say...Our father we've managed to contain the epidemic in one place, now,Let's hope they shoot themselves instead of others,Help to civilize the race now.We've trapped the cause of the plague,In the land of the free and the home of the brave.If we listen quietly we can hear them shooting from grave to grave.You ought to,
Melt the guns,Melt the guns, Melt the guns,And never more to fire them.
Melt the guns,Melt the guns,Melt the guns,And

Read more: XTC - MELT THE GUNS LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/melt-the-guns-lyrics-xtc.html#ixzz1r0JC4r4H
Copied from MetroLyrics.com
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
How bout the Drudge Report? Showing doctored pictures of Trayvon, are they complicit?
Is FoxNews and Glenn Beck complicit when an abortion doctor is murdered? Give me a break Mr Gybe, your above commentary is ridiculous. Assuming there will be trouble if Zimmerman is not charged, is weak and old school Rodney King negative. You're getting EVEN more cynical as you age.

If the Drudge report showed doctored pictures, they are also complicit. Unlike you apparently, I don't have the time or inclination to scour every news source. If you don't think that the large segments of the news media has raised the temperature on this story, and has concluded that Zimmerman is guilty with very few facts to go on, that's your choice. I disagree.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
The cops told Zimmerman to quit following, he didn't.

Almost correct, it was the 911 operator, not the cops. Regardless, Zimmerman should have probably stopped following the kid, but there is too much missing information to know how it all transpired.

On the other hand, we have a neighborhood watch where I live and all residents are asked to call 911 if we see suspicious activity. Our small neighborhood has one entry point and is walled all around by a 6' brick fence. Anyone we see other than the normal service folks are considered suspicious. On one occasion, I have followed a couple of guys to see where they were headed, but at a pretty good distance. They just climbed the fence. I also called 911 as they were headed down the alley, but were gone at the same time I connected with 911. If I had been armed and they turned around to confront me (the never actually saw me), I think I would have back off, but would not have hesitated to use a gun if I felt I was in danger.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't tell me that even ONE of these idiots thinks he has a CLUE what happened that night, or that the left wing media hasn't already convicted him in many ways on many shows.

What sane, rational person pays more than five minutes' attention to Tragedy
TV cases like this, especially to ANYTHING Sharpton, O'Donnell ... heck, in this case Oprah ... says?

Why isn't the head of the Black Panthers not under federal indictment for offering a ransom for Zimmerman, dead or alive? Oh, I forgot:
HOLDER SAID HE WILL NOT PROSECUTE BLACK PEOPLE for hate crimes. Then how about conspiracy to commit murder? It IS a federal crime, lawyers' nitpicking obfuscation notwithstanding.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
How bout the Drudge Report? Showing doctored pictures of Trayvon, are they complicit?
Is FoxNews and Glenn Beck complicit when an abortion doctor is murdered? Give me a break Mr Gybe, your above commentary is ridiculous. Assuming there will be trouble if Zimmerman is not charged, is weak and old school Rodney King negative. You're getting EVEN more cynical as you age.

If the Drudge report showed doctored pictures, they are also complicit. Unlike you apparently, I don't have the time or inclination to scour every news source. If you don't think that the large segments of the news media has raised the temperature on this story, and has concluded that Zimmerman is guilty with very few facts to go on, that's your choice. I disagree.

I just wish your arguments had more balance, and less bias...they would be more effective. Have the media raised the temperature ?yes, on both sides of political spectrum?
BTW-I dont need to scour the news to get the vibe of the right, just ONE....the DrudgeReport, a news aggregator.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The times I've interceded in apparent nefarious activity, you damned well better believe I was armed, purely for self-defense in case they turned on me. In cases where calling 911 is not practical or didn't work, we have to decide case by case to what level we are willing to get involved to protect our community. Neighborhood Watch participants are not supposed to carry arms, but they'd be fools not to unless ALL they do is call the cops.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
The times I've interceded in apparent nefarious activity, you damned well better believe I was armed, purely for self-defense in case they turned on me. In cases where calling 911 is not practical or didn't work, we have to decide case by case to what level we are willing to get involved to protect our community. Neighborhood Watch participants are not supposed to carry arms, but they'd be fools not to unless ALL they do is call the cops.

Aw, Mikey, you're just looking for your chance to shoot a loony leftie liberal and claim self defense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: