myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thoughtful critique of Obama administration
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the magic reality that Republicans live in, and post on this forum, you get to make up the words that you want Obama supporters to have said. You don't actually have to speak truth, or respond to their postings--just make up something. So to rebuttals.

I did not say blame Bush--I did say blame Republican de-regulation frenzy for the economic melt down. Happened before Bush, and he was an intellectual light weight and spokesperson that wasn't part of the crafting of the policies. But the Republicans are posed to do it some more. De-regulation of banking led directly to a tenfold increase in sub-prime loans--which were essenially junk bonds. The financial sector convinced bond rating agencies to rate those bonds, when broken into tranches, as good investments and sold them to many unsuspecting purchasers--including government pension funds. Ten trillion disappeared, and mrgybe complains that the bail-out of Chrysler, although ratified in court, was unfair to hedge funders. What tremendous value they add, let's protect them.

The response from the right on the root cause? Thundering silence. Back to talking points. Blame government employees for the losses in the pension funds. Blame unions. Twenty five million from businesses outside Wisconsin to fight the recall of Walker.

There is a thread of an argument, preposterous, but at least stated with some clarity, in mrgybe's most recent post. Mrgybe blames the entirety of the current economic malaise on overregulation. He is offering us more of the same. Now mrgybe conveniently ignores the inconvenient fact that 70% of the US Economy is driven (or perhaps was driven) by consumer spending. Steal $10 trillion out of the economy with a housing bubble (some big profits to his buddies in hedge funds), cut public spending, layoff teachers and municipal employees, and then wonder why fewer people have money to spend on consumer products. Mrgybe's complaints about regulations have to do with slightly better re-regulation of the financial sector, rule-making for the health care law, and better regulation of the off-shore oil industry. All things he is opposed to.

Of course we could look at the job-forming statistics in the face of tax cuts by Bush II? Naw, don't bother me with facts, my mind is already made up.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
In my opinion, this administration has restrained business growth

And now he's going to send oil prices even higher by stifling speculation, which the top experts agree is the primary source of liquidity, thus price moderation, in commodities markets.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:

And for pueno,

I don't know the answer to this, but since almost everyone is giving Obama credit for giving the go ahead to kill Bin Laden, I have to wonder how Bin Laden was found, and who should get the credit for the process of discovering his hiding place.

Dunno. But the last that Bush said, Bin Laden was in a cave somewhere.

So, either Bushie was wrong because he had no clue, or Bushie was deceptively outrageously clever and smart and was imitating a dumbassed doofus to mislead the unsuspecting.

Personally, I think Bushie had no effing clue unless it had to do with his golf game.

techno900 wrote:

My point is that the real work was most likely put in place by Bush......

Utter fu**ing nonsense. Bush couldn't spell "Bin Laden."

He said over and over, "I don't know and I don't care."

Why can't you acknowledge the obvious?

techno900 wrote:

...who no doubt would have made the same go ahead decision as Obama...

No, no. You can't say that. That's Romney's line, now that he's flopped. (When he was on the flip side, Romney said that we shouldn't bother.)

isobars wrote:

And now he's going to send oil prices even higher by stifling speculation, which the top experts agree is the primary source of liquidity, thus price moderation, in commodities markets.

Right, Mikey. Obama's going to reach across his desk and turn the "Oil Price" knob higher, because it'll do his campaign so much good.

How brilliant of you.

=============

It's truly astonishing. You boneheads on the far right are so incredibly predictable. And funny. It's no surprise the world views you guys as floppy-shoed nitwit clowns, taking your cues from Rove.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

pueno wrote:
Also, learn to write persuasively and to speak professionally.

Still not listening.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
mrgybe wrote:

pueno wrote:
Also, learn to write persuasively and to speak professionally.

Still not listening.

What, precisely, are you trying to say?
mac

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple. Not listening to either counter-arguments to respond, or to reality.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-read 95% of your posts, consider that you have been chastised on at least three separate forums for your idiotic/ acidic commentary, and then determine whether you have taken your own advice.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Re-read 95% of your posts, consider that you have been chastised on at least three separate forums for your idiotic/ acidic commentary, and then determine whether you have taken your own advice.

Mr. G, you need some medication. Check in with Brucie. He might have a little extra for you. His apparently works well for him.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
In my opinion, this administration has restrained business growth

Strongly disagree.
techno900

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno said:

Quote:
Personally, I think Bushie had no effing clue unless it had to do with his golf game.

I guess you haven't seen the recent news. Guess who had to be called in after 9 holes on the golf course to the situation room when Bin Laden was being taken out. Damn, he probably had a good game going through 9.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2058229/Obama-playing-golf-20-minutes-Navy-SEAL-Osama-Bin-Laden-mission.html

I am not saying Bush should get the credit for Bin Laden, just that as the Commander in Chief, his support of the military and their persistent drive to find Bin Laden probably had as much or more to do with the success of the operation than Obama's leadership did. All Obama did was sit on his butt for 5 months trying to decide what the political implications would be if the operation failed. He said himself that this played a big role in the decision making process. Apparently, his advisers were even more concerned about the political implications of the operation since they were saying don't do it.

Too bad these types of decisions can't be made without worrying about the politics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: