myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
whats a few trillion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman wrote

Quote:
ISO is right....if we feed all seniors a farm fresh diet, and make them go to Bikram Yoga, then we can kill Medicare and the budget will be fine.

Sorry Boggsman ISO is not right. The veggies should be fed to the kindergartners instead (more effective)...you know, the very people the Repubs want to cut from any more government programs that might lead to (gasp!) healthy lifestyles.

Speaking of which...7 Feet at Squaw!! You get any??
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
boggsman wrote

Quote:
ISO is right....if we feed all seniors a farm fresh diet, and make them go to Bikram Yoga, then we can kill Medicare and the budget will be fine.

Sorry Boggsman ISO is not right. The veggies should be fed to the kindergartners instead (more effective)...you know, the very people the Repubs want to cut from any more government programs that might lead to (gasp!) healthy lifestyles.

Speaking of which...7 Feet at Squaw!! You get any??

R U kidding? I got all I can get. Fri-great, Sat-Awesome, Sun-Unreal, Monday-Ridiculous.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsman wrote

Quote:
R U kidding? I got all I can get. Fri-great, Sat-Awesome, Sun-Unreal, Monday-Ridiculous

Jealous here! Slushy bumps, single track and 6.0 windsurfing was my sucky weekend! But, 18 inches available for tomorrow.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much snow that 2 fell and couldn't get up alive. Alas.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, that sucks...I once fell into a tree well and the snow collapsed on top of me...I was pretty freaked out (and out of air) by the time I dug myself out. Almost as bad as being stuck under a 7.4 in 18 inches of water. Yikes!

And yet, Santorum scares me more! Shocked
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read Paul Ryan's opinion piece in the WSJ, it's as I thought. Just more smoke and mirrors BS that lacks any credible depth. Where's the real details behind this house of cards? Predictably, there's nothing but bogus promises.

Ryan proposes two tax rates of 10 and 25%, and a vague mention of reduced tax deductions that together with reduced tax rates would somehow increase revenues. Why doesn't he just come out and say what deductions will be eliminated? Not even one or two good examples to illustrate his point.

Given what was commented in the Washington Times article, Ryan seems to be proposing that corporations wouldn't have to pay taxes on profits made offshore. I have to wonder why any corporation would invest here and pay taxes when they can pay no taxes on their offshore profits. It doesn't appear to make sense, but one has to remember, it's coming from the Washington Times. Of course, Ryan's commentary in the WSJ doesn't appear to pencil out anything credible either about how more revenue is tied to 10% less in taxation, and more importantly, how more jobs will be created here in the US. Just more of the same nonsense, like how the Bush Tax Cuts were supposed to stimulate middle class job growth. The only thing that the Bush Tax Cuts generated was greater debt. That's an unfortunate fact, along with the fact that the wealthy only got richer and the middle class gained virtually nothing.

And a then there's the Republican idea of health care. Funny how competition from the private sector will bring down Medicare costs, yet competition from the private sector under ACA yields exactly the opposite. There's really no surprise in the fact that Republicans don't make any real sense at all. They must think folks are stupid. Unfortunately, those seemingly enthralled by the Republican's siren song are.

With Republicans, it's not what they say. The reality is in what they don't say. Add to that the unsupported lies that they say about the opposition, and overall, you've got absolutely nothing that you can depend on.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:

Now we're on the same track, for several reasons.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB--the scariest things in my life so far, in order:

1. My daughter being diagnosed with cancer at 12. (Fortunately thyroid cancer, and she is the mother of 4 now.)

2. The two cars in both lanes of the road 40 yards away when we crested a small hill. Killed 2, disabled several more.

3. Being trapped under a sail, hooked in.

4. The crazy religious right supporting Santorum, with no understanding how extreme his views of the role of religion in this society are.

Iso is pretty far down the list.
feuser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

Now we're on the same track, for several reasons.

Really, Iso?

Please do elaborate.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone stop to think that obama's proposed higher tax rates on millionaires would only raise $3 billion per year, but obama has added $5 TRILLION to the federal deficit? Obama has spent more in 3 years (deficit) than Bush did in 8 years. That would make obama 3 times the idiot that Bush was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: