myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tubamancha!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I could handle all that sand getting into the bearings.
After driving all that way, with your surfboards and windsurf gear, you're gonna bring a skateboard for a sail?
Don't pull a "mitsu" and break your ankle.
We just bought a VW EuroVan, a '93.
tomg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zirtaeb:

Where exactly is this spot PaloMarin? Sounds like an ab diving spot or two that i know!

""On another note, there is no overabundance of windsurfers to sail PaloMarin. The 600 yard hike DOWN the cliff is enough to stop most mortals, and the hike back up is much more daunting.
Tomg.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good setup for wave sailing, some jumping, mostly DTL bottom turns and off the lips.
It's 4.75 miles NW of the town of Bolinas. Take Mesa Road past RayDieter's house (last house on right), past RCA's (where the radio towers are), to end of pavement road, then it becomes graded dirt, past the Palomain bird sanctuary, another 2/3 miles, you see a trail head heading left and down marked "PaloMarin trailhead". There is ample parking there for 16 cars.
If you miss this, you go another 3 blocks, hit the trailhead for those lakes and AlomareFalls, and the roundabout hike down is exactly one mile on a graded dirt road.
If you choose Palo trailhead, walk down maybe one block to the ecology signs, look to your right...and down 600'. You have a cliff to negotiate, so be careful.
That is Chronical's 10 best views in California (the parking lot). Good luck, bring 4.7 and wave boards. First sailed by KirbyFerris of StinsonBeachSurfShop in 1985. I sailed it in 1987 the first time.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've yet to sail palo... surfed it once on a small day w/ two kneeboarders and two boogieboarders. one of the kneeboarders yelled at me Sad but he was being a total douche
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: