myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Winter windsurfing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jingebritsen wrote:
hockey suit or motocross armor may be worth everything in this endeavor?

how big of a board would be needed for windsurfing on snow? terrain would make the need for lots of wind, perhaps? maybe after a big dump up in the plains of idaho and montana?of course, there's plenty of ski resorts for snowboarding or skiing there....

This is the armor I use. It is designed for snowboarding and works great. They make bulkier armor but this was in my price range.

For snow you supposedly need ski jumping skis (which I have). They are 2.5m long and 10-15cm wide, and require much less slant. No idea how well it would work but the Europeans have had success with them. I imagine a foot of fluffy snow could prove troublesome though.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattD wrote:
This is the armor I use. It is designed for snowboarding and works great. They make bulkier armor but this was in my price range.

That's one neat piece of armor. Once again Dogfunk comes across with some unique stuff at great prices. I use an armored vest plus ice hockey elbow guards, the latter being particularly important in land sports, where we can really screw up an elbow by landing on it.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: