myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Top 10 forum contributors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damel wrote:
Please keep it positive

To bring this unrealistic lovefest back to reality ... several of those already nominated wage baseless personal attacks, claim that only their WSing technique and equipment are acceptable and tell those with other opinions to Shut Up, hijack threads very often, troll, lie, and/or commit several other egregious behaviors. Exempting them from full appraisal gives them credence they may not deserve, to the detriment of observers’ learning opportunities. Maybe unintentionally, you’re implying their occasional civility transcends their misbehavior and renders their opinions correct regardless of facts and opinions offered by others. Regarding those behaviors as acceptable, especially in light of the list I posted in the etiquette thread, will only drive the forum further into the toilet.

Last edited by isobars on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait for 9043

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beallmd wrote:
Hey Peconic; After having all manner of endless Maui windsurfing calenders on my office wall, this year I have a Long Island windsurfing calender! My wife gave it to me. Any comments or backstory?

Wow, I am Ms. August!

Nice work... Get it here:
http://www.cafepress.com/+windsurfing+calendars

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm casting my vote for LeeD. He taught me that it was actually possible to sit on my boogie board while waiting for a wave.

I know that sounds kinda silly and pointless, but there was an important philosophical lesson included: lots of things are possible if you JUST FREAKIN TRY HARDER!!! Twisted Evil And this important point seems to be a common theme in many of his posts.

Thanks Lee.
Mike L
spookini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that video really got under somebody's skin Very Happy
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
damel wrote:
Please keep it positive

To bring this unrealistic lovefest back to reality ... several of those already nominated wage baseless personal attacks, claim that only their WSing technique and equipment are acceptable and tell those with other opinions to Shut Up, hijack threads very often, troll, lie, and/or commit several other egregious behaviors. Exempting them from full appraisal gives them credence they may not deserve, to the detriment of observers’ learning opportunities. Maybe unintentionally, you’re implying their occasional civility transcends their misbehavior and renders their opinions correct regardless of facts and opinions offered by others. Regarding those behaviors as acceptable, especially in light of the list I posted in the etiquette thread, will only drive the forum further into the toilet.
Gee, now that puts the spotlight on this thread. I can't imagine anyone being as bad as you have described them. Nevertheless, one man's favorite poster can often be the guy others hate. This is just too subjective a survey. Besides only the regular posters will nominate anyone as the windsurfers who come here for information and then actually go windsurfing don't hang around long enough to add something on a thread like this.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beallmd wrote:
Hey Peconic; After having all manner of endless Maui windsurfing calenders on my office wall, this year I have a Long Island windsurfing calender! My wife gave it to me. Any comments or backstory?

I haven't seen it. But Florian (Mr. August) is quite the eye candy any day of the week...I defer to him.

windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
damel wrote:
Please keep it positive

yeah whatever.

U2U2U2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 3 posters who have helped me in my multi fin conversions and other windsurfing repairs

Wooot. Who gave great suggestions on my initial tri fin conversion most of which I still use and who tried to pump me up after getting my ass handed to me at Roosevelt.

Swchandler.. great suggestions again for installing multi fins, making fins,always supportive of my finished product. Many little tips have been put into regular installation process .

Thombiz .. I can ask about any repair or installation question and receive top notch advise and very quickly about any of my projects. Using his guidance I installed slot boxes with relative ease. A brilliant source when I and others scratch their heads.

this guy at Wind- NC falls into a separate category, so not for me as a contributor here, but he is always willing to share his wealth of knowledge to made windsurfing more enjoyable. I have learned so much from him that people are always confusing me with the handsome Poor brother Tyson.

so Andy McKinney from Wind- NC gets my vote as well

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
damel wrote:
Please keep it positive

Have you looked in a mirror lately? You are almost everything you point out is wrong with this forum and the forum posters.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: