myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
historical moment
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: historical moment Reply with quote

The arrogance of this asshole is amazing. The Attorney General of the United States obstructing justice, and thinking he will get away with it.
He is nothing more than a racist partisan hack.

At least 17 dems proved there is still some honesty left in the ranks.

The House of Representatives made history Thursday by voting to cite Attorney General Eric Holder for contempt, the first time a sitting Cabinet officer has been held in contempt of Congress.

)
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder likely faces a continuing conflict with the House of Representatives.Share This Story

The 255-67 vote, with 17 Democrats voting "yea" and many more Democrats walking out of the chamber in protest, capped a day of often bitter debate marked by the two parties trading recriminations. Republicans defended the vote as an exercise of Congress' oversight duty, saying they needed to resolve how a federal gun-tracking program known as "Fast and Furious" allowed guns to flow into Mexico and appear at the scene U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry' shooting death.

"No Justice Department is above the law and no Justice Department is above the Constitution, which each of us has sworn an oath to uphold," said Speaker of the House John Boehner, R-Ohio
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: historical moment Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
The arrogance of this asshole is amazing.

While you're characterizing the President......... How about the arrogance of Mitch McConnell, who stated that the republicans' only goal in Congress was to block everything Obama tried to do?

In other words, he pledged to do NOTHING for America or Americans.

Talk about arrogance.

----------

Oh, say, while you're contemplating obstruction of justice..... how about a certain VP named Cheney and the Valerie Plame incident? Does the name Scooter Libby mean anything to you? Were you as indignant then? Not likely..............

(Work on it Matty -- I bet you can blame that one on Obama.)
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the dems walked out onto the capital steps it looked like a rogues gallery of welfare cheats, union thugs, perverts, and crack smokers. On the other hand there were plenty of knuckleheads left inside also. This whole system must be changed.

As for Holder, it boggles the mind that anyone could defend his actions or the presidents for that matter. Obama should have asked Holder to resign 6 months ago. It doesn't matter what Bush and Cheney did in this matter. They are long gone. Holder implemented the scheme, and it was horrible.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
. . . a rogues gallery of welfare cheats, union thugs, perverts, and crack smokers.

Gosh, Mr. Bard, that's not very respectful of you. Laughing

stevenbard wrote:
It doesn't matter what Bush and Cheney did in this matter.

Of course not.

The question put to you was about your level of indignation when Cheney refused to testify and when his sidekick Scooter was found guilty of obstruction.

Were you outraged by that arrogance? (No, of course you weren't.)

stevenbard wrote:
Holder implemented the scheme, and it was horrible.

Oh, you mean the one started during George W. Bush's reign of stupidity?
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
It doesn't matter what Bush and Cheney did in this matter.

Bush's program was night and day different from Holder's. From
http://tinyurl.com/73ufyfn :

Differences Between Bush’s ‘Wide Receiver’ Program and Obama’s ‘Fast & Furious’
Gary Krasner

The main Democrat talking point to defend Obama’s debacle — Fast & Furious — is to claim that had begun under Pres. Bush. But in fact, the program they’re referring to that was run during Bush’s administration was called “Wide Receiver”, and it had been discontinued over a year before Obama took office. But more egregious than that is that it’s a facile sound-bite that ignores the stark differences between “Wide Receiver” and “Fast & Furious”, and worse, supposed serious journalists and correspondents do not call Democrats to task for it.

Here are the differences in simplest terms:

* Wide Receiver (WR) was active from 2005 to 2007 (Oct.). Number of guns involved: 400
* Fast & Furious (F&F) was active from Fall 2009 – 2011. Number of guns involved: 2,000

GUN TRACKING METHODS:

Electronic tracking
WR – RFID trackers installed in guns.
F&F – No electronic tracking.

Surveillance
WR – Actively tracked by airborn surveillance.
F&F – No active surveillance of any kind.

Purchases
WR – Straw purchases recorded & surveilled.
F&F – No recording or surveillance of straw purchasers

Further Explanation: The local ATF field agents were ordered not to follow the straw purchasers. Federal agents were not allowed to interdict the guns and they even ran interference for the smugglers with local law enforcement on multiple occasions to make sure those guns made it across the border.

When Mexico was notified:
WR – When arms were purchased & smugglers crossed border.
F&F – Not told the program even existed.

Results of the operation:
WR – 1,400 felony arrests & identification of cartel operators.
F&F – No arrests were made.

Reason it was discontinued:
WR – Smugglers began disabling RFID tracking devices.
F&F – Over 200 Mexicans + two US federal agents killed by the guns.

Agencies involved:
WR – DoJ and Arizona-local ATF.
F&F – 4 federal agencies & 10 cities in five states.

Purpose of operation:
WR – Identify & prosecute gun smugglers & drug cartels.
F&F – Build case against 2nd Amendment & American gun dealers.

Further Explanation: Following the failure of the assault weapons ban in Congress, the Administration realized that gun mayhem was necessary to outrage Americans to justify future legislative efforts. HOW DO WE KNOW THIS?

First, just ask yourself what possible reason could there be for making no attempt to trace the guns for the two years this operation was in effect? In every state and federal gun and drug sting operation since they were first tried in the US, it has always been of prime importance to trace the contraband. Tracking it, to ultimately retain possession of it, was essential for successful prosecutions, and of course to keep these dangerous items off the streets.

Thus, why did DoJ stray from this virtual mandate for sting operations? SILENCE. Whose decision was it? SILENCE. Who at DoJ approved this operation? SILENCE. Why can’t Eric Holder answer these questions? SILENCE (after lying to Congress for a year).

[There's MUCH more for anyone interested in the bigger story. I've got to wonder how much many of the liberals here know about F&F? It's been reported heavily on real news media for nearly a couple of years now, but was admitted to any extent by the liberal media only when they could no longer cover it up with a straight face.]

MORE EVIDENCE?

Plenty. Take, for example, the report by CBS Correspondent Sheryl Atkisson on December 7, 2011, at http://tinyurl.com/6t3l9ko .
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Bush's program was night and day different from Holder's.

. . . . . Yawn . . . . . zzzzzzzzz......
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when a conservative has spent a little time making rational arguments, he will revert to type and demonstrate the most virulent type of racism and insensitivity. Such as:
Quote:
When the dems walked out onto the capital steps it looked like a rogues gallery of welfare cheats, union thugs, perverts, and crack smokers. On the other hand there were plenty of knuckleheads left inside also. This whole system must be changed.

Come on Bard, you must have missed at least one racial stereotype there. I know, your response will be to point out that I am a bigot for pointing out your bigotry. Or you will say you're not a bigot, you just say bigoted things. Or maybe you just play a bigot on a really bad sit com.

This stuff will lose you the votes of Hispanics and African-Americans--unless you can figure out other ways to disqualify them as voters. Disgusting.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought about race, but now that you mention it, MY WIFE OF OVER 2 decades IS HISPANIC you douchebag.

I suppose in your warped world that would make my kids gardeners and crack dealers instead of investment banker and honor student.

The racism on the left is astonishing.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bard, do you think that I'm a racist?

Seems to me that you're painting all us lefties with the same brush. While I don't think that I run on about racist topics and rabidly target folks on that theme, I do have to admit to being a bit tough on Christians. I guess I'm more into freedom and less regulation.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I suppose in your warped world that would make my kids gardeners and crack dealers instead of investment banker and honor student.

Well, using your logic that all dems are "a rogues gallery of welfare cheats, union thugs, perverts, and crack smokers," it follows that all Hispanics are gardeners and drug dealers.

Remember, those are your words.

But it is curious that you characterized both the dems as "crack smokers" and your half-Hispanic kids as "drug dealers."

Are you a flip-flopper, or are you just nor sure -- so everybody is everything?

stevenbard wrote:
The racism on the left is astonishing.

What racism? You're the one making all those assertions.

==========

Whatever............ Thank you, Mr. Bard, for today's free laughs. And best wishes and congrats to your investment banker and honor student sons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: