myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Fickster (Isobars in action) vid!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You just knocked your image down several pegs in the eyes of the adults here."

Have you ever thought that adults here might find you to be the persistent problem in many threads? Has that ever dawned on you? How many adults are actually on your side? Now is the time for isobars' supporters to speak up.
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
"You just knocked your image down several pegs in the eyes of the adults here."

Now is the time for isobars' supporters to speak up.

With all his time on the water, at all the spots he is an expert on, and all the boards (all with nose to tail pads) and equipment he owns someone out there has to know this guy. If you do please snap a picture and post it so the rest of us can avoid him if we see him.

I have this strange feeling we all know what Isobars looks like

Cliff Clavin.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.62 KB
 Viewed:  12451 Time(s)

Cliff Clavin.jpg

NickB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike can sail, I've seen him on the water, though not for a few years.
If your intent is avoidance, I suggest you go by his own description of
what he wears while sailing. It's reasonably accurate, and fairly unique.
For myself, I'm usually more worried about getting through the tourists,
on my way to someplace where most people aren't sailing. ;*)

-Craig

JamesHardy wrote:
please snap a picture and post it so the rest of us can avoid him if we see him.

I have this strange feeling we all know what Isobars looks like
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed Roosevelt a couple years ago...Big Day! I was on my wife's 3.2 and 65 liter glass board. Isobars was sailing...anyone on the water that day earned my respect.
westender

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure there's a conspiracy.

Iso is in league with the adms. of this board, conspiring to get as many hits as possible on this two bit page and we are all the dupes for coming back here to see the blood.

Once you get to the Gorge, it's a lot mellower, (is that a word?), than it is here on the forum.

Fingers crossed for a great season to come.
thombiz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is better than the conclusion I was about to accept, that Iso is the "Special Needs" person in our community. Every community has one. Some are there just to make noise, constantly ranting about nothing. Some are there to keep the water stirred up, some are like the guy we had in St Thomas we called Trashman because he pinned trash from the streets to his clothes. We had someone very much like him in our group here in Corpus Christi. He spent lots of time on the forums pontificating about everything someone happened to bring up about windsurfing. Very much like Iso, he even hated camber inducers and thought they should be outlawed as dangerous. The funny part, over the years I knew him, I only saw him windsurfing a couple times while the rest of us are getting in 120+ days a year.

Back to Iso, since he is so "Special" we need not take him seriously! But then, I stopped taking him seriously years ago. Now...he's well....just our little "Special Needs" guy and a bit amusing.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gorge sounds to be a very special place indeed!

We get gales galore (North Sea) but after struggling for years with low volume wave boards and tiny sails (3.2/3.7) neither I, nor most 'normal' windsurfers were able to plane consistently with the confidence to 'go for it' for fear of being smashed in either the instantaneous blatts, or infuriating lulls. (Always happened when freight train wave bearing down, and fervently wishing I was somewhere else! Rolling Eyes ) The only board I could ever make work reasonably well with tiny sails was an 'old' shape custom Lightwaves wave board.

Of course, there were always a couple of experts who seemed able to float through lulls as if by magic, but if they knew the secret, they wouldn't say. We all hated them!!! Most of us 'normal types came to the conclusion that we were simply outclassed. There was no other way of looking at it.

You say Coboard that you used a very small board and rig combo. while there, in wild conditions. Is it that the Gorge really does have that magical RELIABILTY (once out away from the shore zone) to keep people blasting, and able to concentrate on 'going for it' that we all pine for? If so, sounds as though it really deserves its reputation as Eldorado! (Life's so unfair to us exposed open sea sailors! Laughing Laughing )
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cgoudie1"]If your intent is avoidance, I suggest you go by his own description of
what he wears while sailing. It's reasonably accurate, and fairly unique.
quote]

Is this photo of him (couldn't tell if it was real or offered satirically)? The helmet matches what he was wearing in the video.

gorgeman_119.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.9 KB
 Viewed:  12289 Time(s)

gorgeman_119.jpg

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
You say Coboard that you used a very small board and rig combo. while there, in wild conditions. Is it that the Gorge really does have that magical RELIABILTY (once out away from the shore zone) to keep people blasting, and able to concentrate on 'going for it' that we all pine for?

Absolutely ... under certain frequent circumstances including the shoreline at some locations. 65 liters is almost all I used for many years, needing more (up to 80) only for my big sails. Any less wind and the water is flat, which many of us leave to folks who enjoy freestyle, racing, and cruising.

On the very best days, a robot could remain powered up and planing virtually continuously on one small sail (most often 3.7 or 4.2 for me) and 65 liters (at 200 pounds) from dawn 'til dark. The other 360 days a year require two or more sails or a jet ski.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: