myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Fickster (Isobars in action) vid!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
similar to fff vs bff

That's no joke; it's fairly close to reality, if the contributors here are representative. Ditto polls concerning wearing polarized glasses while sailing; about a tenth can't do it.

Besides, that has no relevance to the baseless personal attack barrage everyone here should be ranting against. It really makes me wish I were back in my last job again.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post G.T.! I have to say though, I wouldn't let our difficult character from the Great Northwest stem your interest here.

For me, this last season included far less sailing days than ever in the past. Important personal projects interfered, but I've still got some physical problems to deal with in the near future. If I don't, my water time will be limited.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:
are you taking your medication ? seriously
you need some help, you are over the edge

I deeply apologize for having morals. They're obviously out of place here.
mogunn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
let's go kite err windsurf...

+1 Wink

westender

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who can't sail with Polarized lenses?? Do they get seasick??? WTH??? Maybe it's like those who can't sail with booties. Gots the Neuropathy??

Now back to the topic. I thought you were pretty well powered, if fact, you looked to have the best boardspeed of anyone?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, SWC. Keeping going into old age is a battle, isn't it! All our bits and pieces seem to be falling apart. Shocked

But nothing beats those odd occasions when everything 'clicks', and we burst into full song. (Literally, usually, in my case. Laughing )

I always used to joke that at 80, I'd take up hang gliding ... provided I could find some fool to carry the contraption back up the hill, but sod that, it's drawing ever closer.

I now envisage happily cruising my Mahalo tandem at 90+ (age, not m.p.h. Razz ) amongst our zillions of Scottish islands, whilst stroking my grey beard (which I don't yet have) and wondering what day of the week it is?

They say senility can be fun! You get away with calling people names, and walking about town without any trousers on. They all make allowance for silly old buffers,....provided the men in white coats don't get involved, that is!! Laughing Laughing
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gt wrote

Quote:
They say senility can be fun! You get away with calling people names, and walking about town without any trousers on. They all make allowance for silly old buffers...

Not on this forum!
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
Who can't sail with Polarized lenses?? Do they get seasick???
Now back to the topic. I thought you were pretty well powered, if fact, you looked to have the best boardspeed of anyone?

All I know is that the guy who made the video, who has seen me do that 100s of times, says it's not up to par, that I was lightly powered. Not that it matters ... my worst flub in that simple move gets trumped every windy day offshore and, just as it would for just about everyone here who's still progressing (i.e., crashing), would make for a funny crash collage. I'd much rather watch a half-hour of biffs than one minute of back-to-back loops. I tried for years to talk my locals into a launch contest, going for distance and/or style, but nobody ever bought into it, not even before board noses got so fragile. Sail OP'd, UNHOOK, unstrap, bear off, push down hard with both hands and feet, and go for height, distance, rotation, style, skip, splash, Superman, cannonball ... whatever strike's one's fancy. I guess too many people are too afraid of looking silly (including wearing the armor any smart participant would want to wear). At the other extreme, we've seen guys say here that they never crash any more, that it's all just too easy at this point. One of them who told me that face to face can back it up; he's been a world champ in multiple styles. The other guy who told me that simply doesn't push himself.

Because polarized lens present two quite different images to my eyes on anything but absolutely flat, windless water, they leave me reeling; my eyes and brain can't sort it out, so I may as well have a thick coat of Vaseline on my shades. I've asked many people about that on the beach and in forums .... thus the 10% WAG. Ditto 3-D movies; theater employees say that something like 10% of patrons, like myself, don't see in 3D, and many get dizzy or headaches trying.

It makes sense. Polaroid lenses are for seeing fish, not terrain. Heck, I can't see the terrain at the Hatchery even without Polaroids between about 9 AM and 5 PM ... something to do with the green mountainside reflecting off the green water. Ditto Rowena. Again, I've found many people with the same undefined problem.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe your hair spray got in your eyes

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This brou ha ha has lead to the censoring of a video? I'd love to see isobars ripping......or not. Please allow the re-post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: