myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Changing from Mitt to Newt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
boggsman1,

I don't know if you were serious or not, but if you are, then you are a big advocate of "big brother" controlling our freedom and liberty. I enjoy some junk food from time to time, but I shouldn't have to pay extra because others lack self-control.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with junk food in moderation. Is it good for you? Emotionally, yes; health wise, no.

You dont want to pay for many unnessesary GOVt programs, and I dont want to pay the tab for irresponsible consumers. I am serious. If you want less of something tax it! basic economics..You seem fixated with the fear of "big brother", my biggest fear is not getting enough wind or snow.
Technoo...aside from my family, job, and addiction to wind/snow/dirt...my families biggest interest is sustainable farming/nutrition, and health. My beliefs are completely against western medicine, and I beleive the food we eat is the main reaon why health care costs are so high. Kids drink soda, and eat sugary crap, then they lose attention, then they go on Ritulin, game over. Old folks eat processed food, then sit in front of tv, BAM Type 2 diabetes, followed by 5 or 6 meds. If we took a serious look at what we are doing to the food supply, and what our children are eating, we could change a lot, and save trillions of dollars.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Women elected Mr. Obama.

Without the Catholic vote, he'd have lost. And MAN has he infuriated them, from the street to the Vatican, with this illegal mandate.

How ya going to like it when Obama II redistributes a big chunk of your life's savings, as was proposed by the Democrats under Clinton?
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Women elected Mr. Obama.

And may likely do so again.

mac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catholic women voted for Obama, men for the grumpy guy. It will happen again. It is amusing to me that the grumpy conservatives on this forum who preach fiscal austerity all seem to get government money that they think they are entitled to. And they can't do math.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Women elected Mr. Obama.

And may likely do so again.

c'mon Mo, I know that after ripping 3rd ave., voting for Rick Santorum is at the top of your to do list!
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love Mr. Santorum and his feminist ways ...
Quote:
The notion that college education is a cost-effective way to help poor, low-skill, unmarried mothers with high school diplomas or GEDs move up the economic ladder is just wrong.

Quote:
Radical feminists have been making the pitch that justice demands that men and women be given an equal opportunity to make it to the top in the workplace.

Rolling Eyes

pueno

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Women elected Mr. Obama.

I think Palin elected Obama.

And, as Mo said, may likely do so again.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that Obama won by a wider margin than Reagan. I think he will win again, but not by as big a margin--unless the thugs nominate Santorum or Palin. Their negatives overwhelm their positives. But Iso and mrgybe will tell us that Catholics elected Obama, without looking at the demographics. The bigger worry is downticket items with the Re-thugs gerrymandering districts in many states and trying to suppress minority voting. But the contraception thing breaks against them in a big way.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
techno900 wrote:
boggsman1,

I don't know if you were serious or not, but if you are, then you are a big advocate of "big brother" controlling our freedom and liberty. I enjoy some junk food from time to time, but I shouldn't have to pay extra because others lack self-control.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with junk food in moderation. Is it good for you? Emotionally, yes; health wise, no.

You dont want to pay for many unnessesary GOVt programs, and I dont want to pay the tab for irresponsible consumers. I am serious. If you want less of something tax it! basic economics..You seem fixated with the fear of "big brother", my biggest fear is not getting enough wind or snow.
Technoo...aside from my family, job, and addiction to wind/snow/dirt...my families biggest interest is sustainable farming/nutrition, and health. My beliefs are completely against western medicine, and I beleive the food we eat is the main reaon why health care costs are so high. Kids drink soda, and eat sugary crap, then they lose attention, then they go on Ritulin, game over. Old folks eat processed food, then sit in front of tv, BAM Type 2 diabetes, followed by 5 or 6 meds. If we took a serious look at what we are doing to the food supply, and what our children are eating, we could change a lot, and save trillions of dollars.

All good reasons to end all section 8 housing expect for truely disabled people. Reduce food stamps to only fresh vegatables, meat, milk, and cheese. No sodas, cookies, baked items except whole wheat bread etcetera. Also drug testing.

The newest big scam in the news is that people in droves are being labled disabled after their 99 weeks of unemployment insurance ends. 70% of Americans receive more from the govt that they pay in. This has to end badly.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac

I agree. I think it will come down to a few states that will decide the election. Colorado may be one of those.

While Santorum won the caucus here, he would not do so well state wide. I attended a Repub. caucus once. It was more like a religious revival meeting. The zealots got a lot of play. A moderate was treated like a heathen. Explains Santorum's victory.

Good for Obama is our Governor...John Hickenlooper who is a Demo and very popular with independents (watch for this guy in 2016). His popularity could swing votes. Romney has a chance here, but in the end I think Obama will carry this state.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 26 of 29

Jump to: