myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Religion aside, what's the big beef against gay marriage?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, the dems and the lapdog liberal media, keep talking about gay rights , and other insignificant issues for one reason, to protect obama the fool.
Do you think they want to talk about his record? I don’t think so. The only hope this piece of shit has of winning, is demonizing the opposition, and hope the parasites put down their crack pipes and come out and vote for him.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Whoa there, guys. I said gay marriage, not a snake simultaneously marrying a puppy, two mentally deficient apricots, and a congressman.

Whew! It really did sound as if you were talking about the GOP, particularly the snaky congressman playing with his substandard gay apricots...

mat-ty wrote:
Just for the record, the dems and the lapdog liberal media, keep talking about gay rights , and other insignificant issues for one reason, to protect obama the fool.
Do you think they want to talk about his record? I don’t think so. The only hope this piece of shit has of winning, is demonizing the opposition, and hope the parasites put down their crack pipes and come out and vote for him.

So, that aside, you'll vote for Obama again?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6000 years of human history, and the arrogant think they can re-write it. Where do you draw the line, and who decides? The voters? Central planning? Gays have coexisted happily for all those 6000 years. They burned witches not gays at Salem. The line keeps moving doesn't it? Fuck Santorum. I simply ask who decides, and is the decision final? And what are the rules? Can a father marry his adult son? Why not? Can a mother marry her daughter? Can Isobars marry his dog?
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really pretty simple. No religion, or person who belongs to that religion, has to recognize any form of gay rights, marriage or otherwise. But no religion has the authority, under our constitution, to impose those religious views on others that don't believe as they do. Marriage is a word used to describe both a civil union and, in some cases, a religious union.

The ironic thing is, so many who would described themselves as "conservative" or "libertarian" are absolutely determined to impose their religious views in non-religious settings, despite the language in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Unclear on the concept?
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
6000 years of human history...

6000 years? Really? Really? Now I know you're yanking our collective chains.

Are you really Stephen Colbert in disguise running for President of the United States of South Carolina?

stevenbard wrote:
Can Isobars marry his dog?

A thought provoking question. Does the dog have a say in this?

More important, does the dog also receive a disability check? And how will the dog vote this fall?
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dog will vote multiple times--but he won't hunt.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Can Isobars marry his dog?

I don't have to. She sleeps beside me, ripe for the picking any time my wife's out of the room.

But apparently I should have opened with, "Religion and politics aside ...", as I'm just trying to understand why so many straight people say gay marriage threatens their marriage.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
The dog will vote multiple times--but he won't hunt.

Well, we can be sure the dog will never be part of a Fox hunt.....
updraft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says Iso 'many straight people say gay marriage threatens their marriage.'

It threatens " marriage", the concept. Have you noticed what homosexuality did to "gay"? It used to mean happy and carefree. Now, it means sexual deviancy. You can't use it in a sentence and hope to be understood in its historical meaning. Everybody laughs when they hear the phrase from the Christmas carol "Don we now our gay apparel. Fa la la......" The term is radioactive. My cousin had to change her name. You just can't have Gay as a first name. It doesn't work anymore. There used to be a men's clothing store called The Gay Blade. Guess what happened to them? The degenerates and perverts thought they could dress up homosexuality with a nice new euphemism, and wrecked a perfectly good word in the process.
You can't set religion aside and just deal with the term marriage. Marriage is at its essence a religious concept. It means the lifetime union of a man and a woman as blessed and ordained by God from the Beginning. The government stuck its nose in and began requiring a licence, a development that makes me bristle. Think about it a second...A license grants permission to do something that would otherwise be illegal. The government has that right in the case of marriage? I accept the reality of the usefulness of having a public record of the event kept in a safe and permanent location, however. I can roll with it.
If the homosexuals are allowed to use the word marriage to identify their version of it, the term will forever be destroyed. We can't let them do it. The government can license any kind of arrangement it pleases, but they can't call it marriage. That term has already been staked out for an exclusive use for thousands of years. If they wish to license and bless sodomy as an institution, they can issue a Sodomy License, and confer with it certain special rights, privileges, and exclusive status that the homosexuals are demanding. That is within the purview of the state. But leave the church, religion, marriage and everything else thats holy...... bloody well alone!
NickB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell us how you really feel Very Happy

Personally, I'm married (to a chick) and I feel the word marriage is as much mine as it's yours, and I'm ready to share it with whatever couple is in love.

Last edited by NickB on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: