myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Starving the beast or Paying the bill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Starving the beast or Paying the bill Reply with quote

On this long stay in Europe it is quite refreshing to hear US politics discussed without all the partisan hate that is undermining the US. I aked a guy who was otherwise quite well informed if he knew the difference between a Democrat and a Republican. He said all Americans are Democrats and the French are Republicans. France is a Republic.

Another guy asked me why conservatives in the US hated conservatives in France. His theory seemed quite correct. France spent millions of Euros getting the Army ready to join the invasion but they wanted to first send in the 2000 observers that Hussein agreed to allow. They wanted to be sure there were WMDs before letting our soldiers get killed and billions in tax money wasted.
Cheneys people would not allow that for reasons that are obvious now and instead launched a hate campaign against France.
The talk guys joined with enthusiasm. Inducing Americans to insult one another as well as our allies is their speciality.
Many French soldiers lives were saved by this wise move on the part of the French Gov.
I have heard a great idea this German guy attributes to an American writer. The policy of starving the beast which I first embraced in the Reagan years has brought us the the currrent mess. The Dems ignored it and Bushes GOP Congress just spent like all pols do and put the bills on our national credit card to blame on the next Dem president.
The man suggested we adopt a policy of Pay the Bills. When Congress spends money it doesnt have, the law should require them to raise taxes the same amount to pay for it.
I think Americans would take instant action to recall any Congressman who did this instead of waiting 2 to 4 years and forgetting who spent us into poverty.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les préjugés sont ce que les imbéciles utiliser pour la raison.

Voltaire
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.
Spicoli.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.
Spicoli.

classic Laughing Laughing
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I need is a cool buzz and some tasty waves and I am good to go
Spicoli
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: