myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
lying D bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think either Romney or Newt will win. Sadly, Obama refuses to fight the teachers unions for better education, or create an atmosphere of job creation. The two things our government CAN DO TO BRING WEALTH TO THE MIDDLE CLASS, Jobs and education. Government is the solution in his world.

My prediction is that sometime between now and November of next year, there will be a financial reckoning worldwide. Not trying to be Nostradamus or anything, but buy gold and canned goods. There are so many low lifes running this world like Putin, Obama, مقام رهبری, Ahmadinejad, Kim Jung Il, Hú Jǐntāo, Sarkosy, and the Piigs nations. Where is Kennedy, Thatcher, Churchill or Reagan? Washington, Jefferson? It seems we have a bunch of fat pervs running the world, along with one pretty slick American Prez who knows nothing about leadership. He's been on the campaign trail for 5 years now, with nothing but money printing and class warfare (smoke and mirrors) to show for it.

Where are the jobs?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Hey boggs

Maybe the pats and san fran in the superbowl.
Good to see the niners getting the magic back.

I dont think the Niners can win in Green Bay in January. The PATS are peaking at just right time. In regards to Mitt, who I think would be a decent president......do you guys think he will overcome the NEWTster? Is it frustrating that moderate Repubs are getting drowned out by the freaksters?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Newt is the flavor of the week, people seem to like him because he has not really gone after fellow republicans like the others have. This process is ugly now, but I do think it is a good thing to beat each other up now, and take away some of the dems thunder when the attack machine gets rolling. In the end I still believe Romney will be the man. When the dust settles and we pick a candidate , the right will support whoever that is , and the focus will now be on beating obama. And I think you will see the numbers for obama get worse once the focus is on him. Swchandler mentioned Mitt being a flip flopper, which as we know is true of almost all politicians, but I do not think obama would win on that point , he has had some well documented flips himself, from campaign financing, gitmo, surge, gay in the military, transparency, just to name a few.
Just like football , on any giving Sunday, anyone can win. Sad to say, but it will probably come down to the current news cycle , one week before the election.

Last edited by mat-ty on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The government actions bard is pissed at Obama for not doing.
"Obama refuses to fight the teachers unions for better education, or create an atmosphere of job creation."

Next sentence bard supports me in the idea of less government and decries O for taking action at the Fed level.
When you are pissed at someone it doesn't matter if they are governing too much or not enough.

I absolutely agree that education and jobs are the most important things we need. I find nearly all libs and most conservatives agree.
The idea that cutting taxes will create jobs just does not seem true in the US today.The Bush GOP has cut our taxes down low and jobs are in the crapper. We need consumers to walk into our businesses and spend money.
Giving a break to GE doesn't make that happen. The payroll tax break does.
case in point.One of my businesses has been in the red for five years so I employed only my manager to keep the door open. This year my taxes went up almost double in Belize but I have thriving sales this year along with it so we are back up to five and still hiring.
Small businesses like mine need customers. Give the people a tax break and send buyers into my store and I will HIRE. Giving billionaires a tax break and they will bank it to wait for some customers, then start hiring.
The GOP leadership,and the Teas don't seem to ever mention this much.The dems are as lost as usual so don't count on them. The smartest conservatives I know spend their time pissed at O no matter what he does and repeating the GOP Tax Mantra.
We can do better.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it gets real old hearing conservatives rag on about teacher's unions and how they're killing education. Also, expecting President Obama to run roughshod on state and local school systems is just nonsense. It's kind of ironic that a least one of the current Republican candidates, to include many in the tea party, want to eliminate the Department of Education altogether.

I think what is being conveniently missed is that the responsibility to ensure that kids get a good education starts and ends in the home. And that also includes instilling a high degree of responsibility and discipline as rudimentary core requirements. Today in families where both parents (if kids are lucky enough to have that) work, to often parents don't offer enough leadership and direction for their children. More and more I think parents are leaving the task of ingraining responsibility and discipline up to teachers and school administrators, and we know that ultimately curbs a healthy learning environment.

How many parents demand good scholarship out of their kids, and work with them at home to ensure that happens? I'm under the impression that has been happening less and less these days. It's too easy to turn on the TV and flake. Moreover, in my opinion, the affect of TV, computer games and cellphones on kids have been huge factors that work against and deteriorate an environment for productive learning and scholarship. Doing well in school requires focus and concentration, and useless distractions only erode the possibilities.

Of course, kids do need to take some time off. Instead of allowing them watch TV, play computer games and talk endlessly on cellphones, I think that hobbies and sports would be better avenues to build character and develop a source of accomplishment.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SW, you never had kids right? So how easy for you to preach proper parent hood??
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Hey SW, you never had kids right? So how easy for you to preach proper parent hood??

Yeah SW, go ahead and try to take my son's cell phone away from him. He'll raise a stink. Laughing Laughing
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to be honest, I've never had kids, so I guess that it can be assumed that I know absolutely nothing about anything. Folks with kids like to look at it that way. Of course, we've all been a kid in the past, and we also know what our parents expected of us. Realistically, I don't think what I offered would be considered an off-the-top outlook, but perhaps it could be for some parents. Regardless, it's simply an opinion.

With respect to cellphones, I've never owned one. Certainly, that's a bit unusual today, but I know that they really aren't a requirement. As a result, I wouldn't be that amenable with children having them on my dime. Now, if I had a kid worked hard and payed for their own cellphone, I wouldn't close the door.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Where are the jobs?

Well, this partly answers your question.

http://tinyurl.com/7uufmw8

For the click-impaired, here's the crux of the text:

'No hiring until Obama's gone': Company owner declares new HR policy- on his bumper stickers

By Daily Mail Reporter

With the economy on its knees, many small companies have been struggling to stay in the black. Now one businessman is publicly laying the blame at the feet of the Obama administration. Bill Looman emblazoned his company trucks with stickers broadcasting the bold message 'New company policy. We are not hiring until Obama is gone.'

He told 11Alive: 'I've got people that I want to hire now, but I just can't afford it. And I don't foresee that I'll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C.' The former US marine first put up the signs on his vehicle, posting pictures of them on his Facebook page, six months ago. But the photos have now gone viral, creating a reaction so overwhelming he's had to have his phones disconnected, and close his website because the traffic keeps causing the system to crash.

After the signs and Facebook photos went up Looman was interviewed by the Secret Service he claims. Although nothing more came of it, he thinks someone reported him as a risk to national security. [I'll bet "someone" is one of San Francisco's finest or any occutard in general.]
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
In typical liberal fashion you ignore the post story, and like little children on the playground, you say "well Tommy picked his ass too". Bush did it , faux news, blab blab blab, same predictable, pathetic rebuttal every time.

Ha, ha. I can guess, without even looking but with 99% certainty: pueno.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: