myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
hybrid race board for distance sailing.... RS:X perhaps????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grayson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DelCarpenter wrote:
The desired long distance cruising calls for a board which both planes & glides, but is planing or gliding emphasized? Hybrids like the RS:X emphasize planing. A Kona One Design emphasizes gliding.
DING DING DING!

I guess I've been thinking I'd like to find a board that emphasizes planing (on steep upwind/downwind angles), covers large wind range on plane, is comfortable to sail overpowered by sailing steeper angles both up and downwind, but that doesn't totally suck when it falls off plane either.

DelCarpenter wrote:
Which board will encourage you to do a trip or be on the water the most often?
Dunno. A board than emphasizes planing is what has had me intrigued, but perhaps that's just a "grass is always greener on the other side" mentality. Wink

I'd really love it if something like the RS D2 proved to be the answer to having it both ways. Very Happy
grayson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jingebritsen wrote:
seen the RS D2 video yet? patrice has some serious experience pursuing this type of board. too bad he had not convinced the oly folks to go with this type of board.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure "this type of board" didn't exist when the Olympic board was selected. Sure seems to me the board that Exocet submitted for Olympic selection was a very different animal from the RS D2.

The more I think about the RS D2, the more intrigued I get. I wonder if we'll look back in a few years and think: "why didn't anybody do this sooner?". Can't wait to sail one myself first chance I get. Hope it's not too light and fragile. And hope they add provisions for a center "cheater strap" for de-powering the fin in overpowered downwind sailing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: