myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NP X6 vs Chinook Pro 1 Alloy in 135-190 size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: NP X6 vs Chinook Pro 1 Alloy in 135-190 size Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm looking for a boom for my 3.5, 4.2 and 5.0 sail.
Local shop has and older NP X6 (aluminum head, carbon tail) for sale for about the same price as the Chinook Pro 1 Alloy. I've tried to find reviews of the X6 but can't find any. Anyone have any opinions comparing these two for general bump and jump, maybe eventual wave use, and a little freestyle on the side with mainly the 5.0

I gather that chinook is a more "modern" shape and should have a more rigid head, whereas the NP will have a more rigid tail (being carbon)
I have a pro 1 Carbon in larger size, so one nice thing with the pro 1 would be same rdm adaptor...but this is a minor concern

thanks in advance
Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: