myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Winter/spring gear for the Gorge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
I have one, and while the zipper is a dry zip, every neo drysuit I've
owned has really been a damp suit. The Promotion is very warm
none the less. I wore it today at Stevenson, and it was toasty.

-Craig

Stevensons??? It MAXED at 15 mph. And that was after your message. What were you doing in the water???
Windsurf83

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planing on a 5.0 at stevenson yesterday! It had to have blown more than 15!!!
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on a 5.5 and my 80 ltr board, so it was better than 15. As I recall
the day before that, it maxed at about 15, but I have a 6.7 and a 95 ltr board also. ;*)

-Craig

p.s. Sunday I rode a 5.5 Westerly at Stevenson

johnl wrote:
cgoudie1 wrote:
I have one, and while the zipper is a dry zip, every neo drysuit I've
owned has really been a damp suit. The Promotion is very warm
none the less. I wore it today at Stevenson, and it was toasty.

-Craig

Stevensons??? It MAXED at 15 mph. And that was after your message. What were you doing in the water???
mchaco1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duuuude

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-NPX-Lucifer-Drysuit-/250901449883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6ae44c9b

A trendy drysuit. Epic. Harness on the inside...leave it to the kiteboarders...
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW ... sailed Wednesday in a 4/3 Promotion w/air and water temps about 68/62. Spent plenty of time in the water by accident and when trying to cool off. It got too warm if I stayed dry for a few reaches in a row, and stayed warmer than I wanted when I swam in across the shoreline wind shadow at dark.
WMP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaco1 wrote:
Duuuude

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-NPX-Lucifer-Drysuit-/250901449883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6ae44c9b

A trendy drysuit. Epic. Harness on the inside...leave it to the kiteboarders...

Peee-zip = cooooool !!! I'd just like to see that demonstrated while in the cold water?

Guess they really pulled a rabbit outta the hat with this one... great Halloween illusion... but, how does the nylon breathe when you sweat? I don't quite understand why the harness is hidden and only works with a waist harness, why risk damage to the suit when kiters are flonging the dong?
mchaco1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
FWIW ... sailed Wednesday in a 4/3 Promotion w/air and water temps about 68/62. Spent plenty of time in the water by accident and when trying to cool off. It got too warm if I stayed dry for a few reaches in a row, and stayed warmer than I wanted when I swam in across the shoreline wind shadow at dark.

I was in just a 4/3 with booties at stevenson last week. It was OK but I would have liked to be a bit warmer. Of course I spent most of the day in the water. Ill probably order the hood/booties/gloves soon. Anyone ever tried a light windbreaker/nylon pants over the wetsuit to cut down on evaporation? Or long underwear under the wetsuit to add some insulation?
mchaco1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMP wrote:

Peee-zip = cooooool !!! I'd just like to see that demonstrated while in the cold water?

Guess they really pulled a rabbit outta the hat with this one... great Halloween illusion... but, how does the nylon breathe when you sweat? I don't quite understand why the harness is hidden and only works with a waist harness, why risk damage to the suit when kiters are flonging the dong?

There is only mention of the trendiness and how...accomodating the suit is. No mention of its effectiveness as an actual drysuit ( which is odd for one that costs $800). Gotta hide the harness to complete the snowboarder illusion. Im surprised it doesnt come with a pair of quick draining snowboarding goggles. Laughing

Last edited by mchaco1 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaco1 wrote:
Anyone ever tried a light windbreaker/nylon pants over the wetsuit to cut down on evaporation? Or long underwear under the wetsuit to add some insulation?

Either or both make a huge difference, and the outer shell is easy to doff and don (on land) as comfort dictates. Just don't go too bulky, or swimming becomes a bitch.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaco1 wrote:
how does the nylon breathe when you sweat?

There is only mention of the trendiness and how...accomodating the suit is. No mention of its effectiveness as an actual drysuit ( which is odd for one that costs $800).

If you're talking about the Kokotat, it's not nylon but Gorertex (BIG performance difference), it's closer to $900 or more except during REI's 20% off sale, the pee zip is a marvel ON LAND in cold weather, and its dry suit performance is in a class by itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: