myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Paging Ron c.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulf.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Paging Ron c. Reply with quote

Hi Ron. With talk of a NW on sun need to know if skaket is sailable now after memorial day? Thanks.
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Paul:

I just gave my fin a half-a$$ed sanding job at dawn today from our last session.

You can sail year round but parking, even for locals, is very tough. If I think it’s gonna be real good, I'll park my car first thing and bike back. I don't think they are charging yet.

How about today?? Hawaii 5.0 it wasn't, but a fantastic 5.0 session competed on Pleasant Bay before the clan even got out of bed made it easy A.

A near full spectrum of weather - a quick peak of the sun to some chop-softening hard squalls. No fear of sharing this secret spot as it’s be years since sailing with anyone else.

Ron C.

ESE Pleasant Bay 6-2-12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  166.01 KB
 Viewed:  18097 Time(s)

ESE Pleasant Bay 6-2-12.jpg

ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS Paul - Plenty of parking spaces this time of year.

Man it's been a great week on the outer Cape

1. Starting last Saturday at noon a fantastic surf with my daughter then SUP with a comrade from work - easily the best double up since last August.

2. Sunday a foggy but half a way decent SUP

3. Wednesday - a sneak out at noon with Morebeach's forecast of ankle high waves turned out to have some very clean waist+ high rouges with a gentle off shore breeze. The waves were coming from 2 directions. JE and the Outcasts might know this tune; one back side goofy foot ride dragging the paddle on a clean face, in a decent shower but with a sun ray turning the water chrome-green. My toes didn't warm up until diner.

4. Then this morning - didn't want to leave home, but it was worth it.

OK OK I'll shut up
paulf.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty direct onshore at west dennis this pm. missed most of the dry early session, but swell got funner as the tide went down later. midafternoon dropoff chased most away, and forced rerigging. i know now how my 5.5,6,3, and 5.8 feel in the same afternoon(under, over, just right). maybe see you in the am.
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see that windsurfing is not dead yet

rc
doucet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Windsurfing....not dead Reply with quote

Sailed at David's in Yarmouth....4.2's
David..irish Jerry....Shiller...Brad ....Kenny..Nils...Suzie...and myself ..Mike

Great day! Great crew!
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big miss communication Paul

I was on the couch until 1, and then noticed the trees bending. Dragged over to Skaket unprepared and found out I was the last guy in town to show up.

Hardie was the only sane one with 3 others flying tea bags.

Local sailing ace Matt asked me when (are you (me) gonna get rid of that old sh!t) and convert to kiting. My reply, when kiters learn to sail without those fvcking shorts over their wetsuits. We both had a laugh and went to it.

Way way over powered on a 5.0.

Hardie and I are planning a tryst tomorrow afternoon at Pleasant Bay's south side.

RC
paulf.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasn't patient enough,, went to skaket from 10 till11, never got better than 12-15. didn't feel like rigging big with suit still cold and wet from yesterday. drove by chapin going home and kiters were all packing up with no wind, figured it was done.. oh,well..
flaherty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad, Paul, I missed both days. yesterday, long story. Today, When does a NW wind pick up at noon, and blow all day?? Very rare ,if you ask me. Probably see one of those days a year. Along with the forecasts, and I saw very little wind at Sagamore, I was convinced it would drop off, and not worth the drive...uggh!
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatch Beach History for today. My time was from 1:45 - 2:45ish. With a 5.0 and sub 140#, now I know why my pencil arms are sore!

Just think we all were b!tch'n last week about no wind, now it's too much.

newgraph.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.59 KB
 Viewed:  17860 Time(s)

newgraph.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: