myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
no more nonstop Portland to Maui on Hawaiian airlines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boardsportsrule4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: no more nonstop Portland to Maui on Hawaiian airlines Reply with quote

Hawaiian Airlines is going to stop flying their non stop between Portland and Maui in mid Jan of 2012. If you care, you can send email to: mahalo@hawaiianair.com and tell them what you think of this decision. I've also asked if this is a permant change or seasonal - but I have not received an answer. It seemed like all the flights were full when I took them - so I do not know why they are making this change. I'll be changing airlines to Alaska as they still have a direct flight.
Greg
wmike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nonstop return flight booked for June and they simply sent me an e-mail saying they had rebooked me through Oahu. I Called them and no one could or would give me a reason for the change. I sure do not like getting in to Portland at 11:30 PM. When I have tried to book Alaskan non stop they have always been sold out so good luck. The flights I have been on have only had a few seats left a week before the flight. I checked flights for next summer and there are no non stops available on Hawaiian.

Last winter the nonstop was totally booked when I had to come back and I had to fly via Oahu and it was full also.

Hopefully you can get a reason from them and let us know.

Mike
bjamin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't we hear a totally unconfirmed rumor that SW was going to be adding flights to the islands? Is that still totally unconfirmed?
boardsportsrule4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - I finally got something back from Hawaiian - for what it is worth.. I guess the Bay Area is there priority:

"Consumer demand in the Bay Area has been growing, and we've reassigned an aircraft to better meet that demand. We have served Portland for more than
25 years and remain committed to the market. As our fleet grows, we will look at resuming nonstop service to Maui. Until then, we continue to offer multiple convenient connections to Maui (and all our other islands) from our daily Portland-Honolulu service.

Please be assured that we do value your comments and have shared them with our Executive Management for their internal review and future consideration.
"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: