myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Islam and Al Queda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Many KKK types are in church every Sunday just like their counterparts in the Middle East."

Have you ever been to church? That is the language of a lunatic. Really, where is this church? Your hatred knows no bounds.

Where is the kkk? Back in time somewhere? Do they have any power? Are there any cross burnings? Or, are they just a bunch of old men with bad teeth who wear diapers? You've got to be kidding. The boogie man is alive in your life.

As for Cicero, read it until you understand it. It is a metaphor for today, written by a very wise man 2000 years ago.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you suddenly attacking me? Have you just recently come to faith and are now question the faith of those who have believed all their lives?
I will pray for you to have more peace in your heart.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC--I agree with most of what you said, and tried to post an article that made the same point. The extremists in the Arab world, and the United States, lie far outside of the mainstream and command a relatively small part of the political spectrum. Many of them look back (to Cicero?) to an idealized world, often of faith, that they know little about. Their reasons may be the alienation that accompanies modernity for many, religious fervor, or mental unbalance (the unabomber, for example.)

We ignore the youth in the Arab world at our peril, and the consistent failures of the CIA throughout the world over the last 60 years has much to do with authoritarian people making pacts with other authoritarian people with little understanding of their motivations. Does anyone think that Somalia is better off because the CIA organized an invasion from Ethiopia? Just the latest example. Many of the raids in Afghanistan and Pakistan are supported by good intelligence, and kill the right people. But even with successes the blow back can be fierce, and there are many more stories of missteps than successes.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spoke
glazier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac. Good article in the original post. One thing, a "hundred" got left out in the quote. "One hundred million young Arabs . . ."
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today in the news, thousands of Egyptians attacking Christians in their churches. Dozens of Christians killed or injured.

When was the last time a Christian mob attacked a mosque?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The danger with revolutions which begin with reasonasble justification is that they quickly get out of hand. When religion is involved, hard liners always exploit the situation and whip up braying unthinking mobs.

A dangerous situation is developing in France. By allowing those of different cultures and religious loyalties NOT to have to integrate into the host nations Christian culture (Or even speak the same language in some cases) aparteid has now become a reality.

France has the largest Muslim population in Europe, and alarm bells are now ringing in government circles. As Steven states, Christianity, when correctly adhered to, turns the other cheek and tolerates those of other faiths. Islam does not!

In many of the French muslim areas hardliners are now refusing to allow their children (and they are the future) to integrate in any way with the main Christian French population. This HAS to be dangerous!

Perhaps one of the pro multi cultural people can explain how this situation can be reversed, and future harmony secured?
feuser

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Today in the news, thousands of Egyptians attacking Christians in their churches. Dozens of Christians killed or injured.

When was the last time a Christian mob attacked a mosque?

The so-called "ground zero mosque" was attacked by a republican mob before it was even built...

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the flaws in the Muslim religion is an intolerant attitude to heathen religions that were widely found in the time of their founders.
Many Christians refer to other religions in the same way and sentiments from this group also extend to other Christians from different sects such as the anti catholic attitudes in the Kennedy elections.
I recall hearing this stuff from evangelist pastors in my childhood in the Midwest.
Conservatives among Muslims seize on this to portray Christians as intolerant and disobedient to the writings of Christ and the Bible.
Muslims resist their kids changing religion in the same way I was pressured as a kid by the different evangelist groups whose churches I attended as a child of faith growing up on the road with my parents. They moved often to find work.
I was expected to join the local church group no matter how little I liked their extremist views.
This flaw in their culture was inherited by Muslims from ancient times . Christians may have adopted this only recently so I guess human nature hasn't changed that much.
Mormons vs. Baptists is fast becoming an election issue again since many Christians may resist voting for another Christian no matter how devout, If he is a different branch from theirs.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not defending rampant Christianity Keycocker. I'm an atheist but I admire Christian teaching and ethics when practised as the teachings in the New Testament. It is a force for good, as CAN be the Muslim faith.

As said before, I was lucky enough to come under the influence of one such Christian as a student, and I also have a thoroughly trustworthy and honourable muslim friend.

The sense over here in Europe is that we've been a little too tolerant by not expecting different cultures and religions to recognise and respect OUR cultural heritage. The sense is that they have seen this as weakness, and have been exploiting it to their own ends.

It would be tiresome to list all the things which make it seem so but, interestingly, Feuser mentioned opposition in your country to the building of a mosque over the ruins of ground zero. Clearly, I'm not the only one who saw such a 'try on', after such an ourageous act, as absolutely crass and deliberately provocative!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: