myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Insanity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I find so hypocritical about isobars' rant above, and about many similar ones that he has offered in the past? He goes on endlessly about how important the military is to our nation, to include the theme of soldiers as selfless heroes, but he has absolutely no respect for the Commander in Chief of our armed forces, and he goes out of his way to dish out cheap ugly insults. This is totally wrong, even if one doesn't subscribe to the politics of the president and his party.

One can often disagree with policy and the decisions of the president, but it's important to have some respect for such an esteemed office and the individual in it. Honest criticisms can and should be offered in a reasonable and civil manner, but unfortunately, isobars lacks what it takes to do that. He's a twisted hateful old man, and it clearly shows up in his ever bent ramblings.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Well Iso, Capetonian is an intelligent conservative in my book, and an all around good guy.

You apparently know him personally, giving you a dubious advantage (???) over us internet wankers. All we see here is an ass who resents the pay & benefits of the military (and, by implication, all emergency responders) while living under the umbrella they erect with their sacrifices, calls people a racist at the drop of a hat, and attacks individuals personally and without basis when he disagrees with their opinions on at least politics, maybe even WSing. Those are not conservative attributes, and say much more than his hollow claim.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to interrupt the ranting session, but as someone who spent a working life dealing with adolescent tantrums, I can't help seeing the funny side to grandstanding.

Nearly fell off my chair laughing at a report in todays paper. Paris has just issued a street prayer ban for Muslims! Apparently there have been endless complaints over hundreds of young Muslim men hurling themselves prostrate on the roads and pavements of the city, in exaggerated prayer sessions. (They seem to be furious at the authorities ban on the building of too many mosques.)

Now that's what I call grandstanding. According to the French interior minister, 'It has got to stop! My vigilance will be unflinching for the law to be applied,' he thundered. (Perhaps he too was once a teacher, and is applying the old trick of picking on minor issues to divert their energy from more serious challenges?)

I still can't help laughing at the picture it all conjures up, especially in the rush hour!!! Laughing Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
young Muslim men hurling themselves prostrate on the roads and pavements of the city

What's French for "speed bumps"? Wink

I accompanied a friend to his church. I was walking down the aisle looking for empty seats, when suddenly the person in front of me dropped to his knees without even signaling, and I tumbled right over him (or her; I don't remember). It was obviously my first time in a Catholic church.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the funny side of life Mike. (It's what keeps me relatively sane.) Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys who think servicemen are just baby killers who have no right to pensions or medical care will change your tune when your vaunted Obamacare starts to resemble one of its primary models: the VA system. Normal people in normal medical systems can get routine lab results within hours in person or a day or two by mail. Getting one damned number, critical to a VA appointment I have tomorrow 220 miles away, has already consumed 8-10 phone calls taking an hour over three days, and the closest I've gotten is being told to file a Freedom of Information Act request ... two of which are already on file permanently because the last time I had to go the FOIA route it took a full year to get the data out of them.

You'd better hope to high hell O-care gets replaced by a rational system. Electronic records and caring people are useless if the administrative system under which they operate is a totally constipated, bureaucratic, government monopolistic nightmare. I can think of no reason O-care will be any better.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
isobars wrote:
capetonian wrote:
Since I have never sucked on the government tit I had no idea how it works.

The hell you haven't. Every citizen, tourist, terrorist, and legal or illegal immigrant within the national or global umbrella erected by the collective military and police personnel of every free nation owes his very life and livelihood to their lives, blood, and countless lesser sacrifices, many or most of which cannot be compensated by cash from taxpayers. Realize, too, that a combat unit is virtually useless, doomed, dysfunctional, and ultimately non-existent without the weapons, ammunition, fuel, food, transportation, maintenance, communication, GPS, protective gear, paperwork and paycheck, medical care, laundry, family care back home, training, etc. ... all provided by non-combat military and civilian people. Most military people are in support roles, not combat roles, and without both the free world would cease to exist. In addition, every support troop is fully subject to rotation into combat any time, anywhere ... even to recall for combat duty for many years after s/he retires.

Combat troops and injuries deserve and (finally, after many decades of trying) receive extra benefits, and I doubt even one support troop would complain about that. The idea that soldiers ripped apart in battle should buy their own medical insurance upon being discharged from the hospital is beyond unconscionable, and should have every American seething, yet 30-some percent of voters STILL support the man who proposed that.

People have a legal right to be ignorant of how the military works, but they have zero moral right to shit -- or spit -- on its people because of the BS our GD media feeds the gullible public. Just yesterday it went public that our Fool In Chief ordered the 4-star commander of Space Command to lie to the public about the devastating impact commercial 4G broadband will have on the single most vital system our military has: GPS. 1) Obama is putting vote-buying stimulus money over the security of the free world, and 2) GPS was conceived, designed, and developed by support troops and civilians.

You're starting to sound as unbalanced as our friend Brucie "Speedysailor" Swift.

Maybe we now have a clearer picture of your disability.

Funny you should mention this under a post aptly called "Insanity". It is after all insane to post a subject, argue with whoever disagrees with you, call them names then do it all over again with a different subject expecting a different result.

Shocked
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso sure knows how to type a long sentence.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Getting one damned number, critical to a VA appointment I have tomorrow 220 miles away, has already consumed 8-10 phone calls taking an hour over three days, and the closest I've gotten is being told to file a Freedom of Information Act request ... two of which are already on file permanently because the last time I had to go the FOIA route it took a full year to get the data out of them."

If the truth were to be told, the VA has undoubtedly learned over time that isobars is one disrespectful and pesty character, so they probably elected to ignore him, and work him over time. To win, he must pay dearly. And what's most laughable is the fact that he has to use the system and regulations that he hates to accomplish anything.

Ironic in a way, because if he was a regular sort of guy that was focused and respectful, he'd most likely have a much easier time getting what he needs.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:

Funny you should mention this under a post aptly called "Insanity". It is after all insane to post a subject, argue with whoever disagrees with you, call them names then do it all over again with a different subject expecting a different result.

Shocked

Mr. Fick-shun is just a provocateur.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: