myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Insanity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with regulations, as Mac pointed out, WELL WRITTEN laws could actually have the opposite effect by defining legal behavior, instead of allowing the courts to manipulate the process.

The ADA (Amer. with Disabilities Act) is an example of a poorly written law that encourages, rather than discourages, lawsuits. This law could have been written in a manner more like a building code; with well defined provisions. Instead we have courts deciding if the law has been violated, based on grievances.

The dangers of unintended consequences to poorly drafted legislation can be profound to unsuspecting businesses and individuals.

I think we have the technical ability to write good laws. But, the process becomes corrupted by the politics.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capetonian wrote:
You on the other hand used sarcastic comments “... oh, yeah ... "JOBS" ..., etc, etc” and derogatory terms “clowns, slacker who sat on his ass, assembled in Obamaland by slugs too GD lazy, fool, etc” that inflame and totally obscure the point of your argument.

I am no fan of Obama, but I am even less of a fan of hate speech. No apology necessary.

So now I'm a racist (hate speech is a term for speech intended to degrade person or group of people based on their race, gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion … THINGS THEY CANNOT CONTROL ... and you claim to be a conservative? Calling someone too lazy to get a job because he's being paid not to work "too lazy to get a job because he's being paid not to work" isn't hate speech; it's a self-evident fact, and it's much more specific, limiting, and accurate than "the downtrodden poor". Anyone who believes that labeling someone a racist with no grounds whatsoever doesn't warrant an apology is quacking like a far left duck.

"stimulus ... Oh, yeah ... JOBS" is "sarcastic'? No, it's accurate, and anyone who thinks this Jobs act isn't just another stimulus plan PLUS more welfare for the professionally unemployed is either kidding himself or is a liberal trying to fool the other 2/3 of the public.

My comments are INTENDED to inflame; how else does one get the attention of people whose sole attention bit is being time-shared among Jersey Shores, sports stars and Dubya?

"Obscure"? Damn; my comments were intended to dress this red herring pig a in chartreuse tutu, set it on fire, and run it up a flagpole at noon to distract people from celebrity -- including Obama -- worship. I’ll leave it up to the literate media to present the mundane facts as though that’s all they are is just facts, rather than things that actually matter in the real world.

Anyone who doesn’t understand that 6 or 7 figures’ worth of welfare recipients are professional slackers gaming the system is living in La La Land. It’s too bad the people in genuine need due to circumstances honestly beyond their control are also victims of these system abusers; I doubt I’m the only American citizen who stopped giving to most charities because they are now wards of the (federal) state. For example, Planned Parenthood makes $300,000,000 a year aborting babies, but Obama is forcing federal tax money in support of PP onto states that have passed laws banning the use of taxpayer funds to support PP.

Why is this idiot in the White House doing everything he possibly can to convert the most successful nation in world history into a welfare state … and if his excuse isn’t idiocy, it has to be at least well-orchestrated Marxism.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Capetonian... You are now officially a LIBERAL!
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:

I think we have the technical ability to write good laws. But, the process becomes corrupted by the politics.

I think that lawyers write the laws so that lawyers are required to interpret what they've written. This results in guaranteed life-long employment for them, and we pay and pay while they litigate and litigate.

It's greed and self-interest at its best. Or worst.
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Anyone who doesn’t understand that 6 or 7 figures’ worth of welfare recipients are professional slackers gaming the system
If, as some on this forum purport, you do recieve disability, then you are a professional slacker who is gaming the system.
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Congratulations Capetonian... You are now officially a LIBERAL!
You got to be kidding me.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He never got it wrong pueno, .....'The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.'

But that's a little drastic in these liberal times, so let's set that nice Lady Macbeth upon them! .... 'Stand not upon the the order of your going, but go at once.'
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capetonian wrote:
If, as some on this forum purport, you do recieve disability, then you are a professional slacker who is gaming the system.

You just shit in the face of every soldier throughout history. You are not worthy of their sacrifices.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capetonian,

You clearly aren't a liberal, and your positions on many things over time readily supports that, so what isobars barks out now about you now is meaningless.

You had him cornered, not because you disagreed with the underlying thought of his post, but because of the manner in which he presented his case. No doubt, very poorly executed on his part, as is often the case. However, I think that you know now that he doesn't have the integrity to apologize for his original comments, or the subsequent ones directed at you. He's a weasel that will never admit that he was wrong.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
capetonian wrote:

You just shit in the face of every soldier throughout history. You are not worthy of their sacrifices.

Interesting.

You didn't deny the disability payments.

And he didn't shit in anybody's face. You, like Sarah Palin, intentionally distort and misrepresent reality specifically so you can pose as a victim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: