myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
My Gorge statistics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in both quality and frequency. Like last year, it's been mostly frontal so far, which generally means gusty blasts separated by days of dreg. I use minivan or SUV for day trips, RV for overnighters, and usually use the RV 30-40 trips a year. I think I used it about 2 or 3 times in 2012, as one-day blows/trips were far more common. I don't like the summer heat, but since it helps the thermals, bring it on.
Bond1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on your stats it looks like a bad year so far.

I work, have other hobbies and sports, and tend to sail mostly in the corridor. I don't use anything bigger than a 3.7. I've sailed 8 days on a 3.7 and one day on a 3.2, which is a reasonably good start for me.

That said, I'm ready for more.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

I'm 9 for 10 this year, so I'm calling it 90%

YAMV ;*)

be back on Friday, so expect the wind to return as well ;*) ;*)

-Craig

GuyT wrote:
Bottom line is, 2013 looks pretty bad so far, don't it? Wink
starfish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windsurfing is cancelled. Ski boat sales are up...LOL The river is glass right now thurs morning. I will probably take my employees wakeboarding at lunch. Who says a ski boat is a waste in the gorge.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyT,
question: just how long is your summer? are you in elementary, middle school, high school, or college education? I'm trying to figure out how you get 73 days in the Gorge.

I teach in NY (high school) and we have 8.5 - 9 weeks, typically. I am leaving for Rio Vista on Tuesday for 6 weeks. last day of school for us was June 21, had some things to get done before the trip. even had a plumbing emergency last night, if I had left right away I would have come back to a flooded house, so good thing I've delayed the trip.

Have fun.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not Guy, but, if I may, I am employed full time
(as an engineer for an Aerospace company),
and I average about 66 days a year in the Gorge. I get 5 weeks
of vacation a year (plus Aerospace is pretty liberal in its allotment
for holidays), and I use all my vacation. I spend it around holidays in
it's most efficient manner. Also, as I've stated
before, I am a wind whore, and will ride a 6.7 and 100 ltr board to get
rides if I have to. I'll also drive 90 miles to get wind if I have to.

I consider the Gorge season to last from late April until mid October,
although you have to scrounge for wind at the extreme ends of the
season.

I'd like to think that my current life style is highly levered on the abilities
I have, but the truth is providence has played a huge role in my life.
I wish you all an equal amount of luck.

-Craig

Dennis0778 wrote:
GuyT,
question: just how long is your summer? are you in elementary, middle school, high school, or college education? I'm trying to figure out how you get 73 days in the Gorge.

I teach in NY (high school) and we have 8.5 - 9 weeks, typically. I am leaving for Rio Vista on Tuesday for 6 weeks. last day of school for us was June 21, had some things to get done before the trip. even had a plumbing emergency last night, if I had left right away I would have come back to a flooded house, so good thing I've delayed the trip.

Have fun.
GuyT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis0778 wrote:
GuyT,

Have fun.

Hi Dennis

Well, in 2000, 2005 and 2010, I took advantage a plan most teachers have in Québec: you get paid 85% of your salary, but you get 6 months play time after 4 years and a half. Add 2 months of vacation and you get 8 month off every 5 years. That plan could be also be on a 4, 3 or even 2 year basis, if one is willing to accept a lower salary percentage.

It's a great plan, but few teachers take advantage of it, most of them wouldn't know to do with all that free time. Go figure.

For the rest, I was a college level teacher with 60 days official vacation days, but I had to be in class 32 weeks a year, so lot's a work was do-able far from home. Wink

Cheers!
whitevan01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy, thanks, now I understand. Maybe I should move to Canada!!
GuyT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, another personal record broken today.

In the category "Longest distance done on a iwindsurf no wind forecast day", I got 122 kilometers (75.8 miles) on the water.

83 km (51 miles) were done on a 6.5/125L early this morning in 3 hours in Viento, the rest came from an 1.5 hour session on a 5.2/85L board at the Hatch.

I just love these "no wind" days. Wink
johnl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyT wrote:
Yep, another personal record broken today.

In the category "Longest distance done on a iwindsurf no wind forecast day", I got 122 kilometers (75.8 miles) on the water.

83 km (51 miles) were done on a 6.5/125L early this morning in 3 hours in Viento, the rest came from an 1.5 hour session on a 5.2/85L board at the Hatch.

I just love these "no wind" days. Wink

75 miles in a day??? You are a windsurfing machine. I should have joined you at Viento.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: