myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
My Gorge statistics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuyT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theunbob wrote:
Guy, very impressive to a leisurely fellow like me!

Two other missing stats - how many miles sailed and elapsed actual sailing time?

Heard you use GPS while sailing - what are the numbers?

Sail on dude!

You are evoking a big drama in my personal life, theunbob.

I do record my distance, average speed, maximum speed on a gps and make it public on a GPS windsurfing club (www.clubgps.ca). It is actually a site I created just for the fun of learning web programming, so it is not that professional.

The club does not have a lot of active members (12 maybe), but they are loyal. I don't know how they will react when the discover that their recorded data between July 4th and August 14th have been lost, including mine Confused

So my answer to your question will be an approximation with an accuracy of +/- 5%.

My average time on the water planing in the Gorge is around 2.7 hours at an average speed of 15 mph. Might look very little, but people have a serious tendency to over estimate the time they spend on the water.

So, I did 2,810 miles (+,- 5%) on the water, roughly the distance between Roosevelt and Montreal, where the wind is bad, but the women really good looking. Wink Wink Wink

Last edited by GuyT on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuyT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

columbia wrote:
I know you hit it hard (but we know who hits it harder - don't we??)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

you sure know my wife, don't you!
johnl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Guy, sorry to hear you left. I will miss "following you around" for the rest of the year. Oh well, there is always next year. Sounds like you had a good trip despite the "strange season" we have had...
johnl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Guy, your mileage blows mine away. I'm still sailing, but so far 99 days on the water (not just the Gorge), 176 sessions, 180 hours, and 1938 miles. Unfortunately my daily mileage is less than prior years because of learning this "old school freestyle". I spend a lot more time in the water and the average mileage drops severely Confused .... Funny, mine comes down to less than 2 hours on the water per session, yet I normally stay in the water much longer than that....

Although I did notice that changing from my Garmen Foretrex 300 (which is floating down the columbia some where) to my Locosys GT-31 GPS that my top speed is GREATLY reduced. My top speeds went from the low 30's down to the middle 20's! But I haven't really tried to see how fast I can go. Sucks to have a more accurate GPS.....
NolimitzWind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work! Sounds like fun!

Must be nice to not have to work! If you do what line of work are you in!?
GuyT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NolimitzWind wrote:
great work! Sounds like fun!

Must be nice to not have to work! If you do what line of work are you in!?

I'm a teacher and I must admit that I ran away from work half an hour after the last course at end of May and got back to work a few hours before the first course.

Actually, today was my first course and it was unusually windy this morning in Montreal. Almost called in sick, but didn't dare* Wink

* Na, I'm only bulls**int. I am as passionate about my work as a teacher as I am about windsurfing.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is to be highly envied. Very few people in love "ordinary" jobs (as opposed to soldiers, cops, firemen, maybe ER medics, etc.) that much.
ride-no-work

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy--

Bad Ass! Can we see the wife's stats as well? My girlfriend and I were out for weeks this year and she's curious about the numbers...
GuyT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ride-no-work wrote:
Guy--

Bad Ass! Can we see the wife's stats as well? My girlfriend and I were out for weeks this year and she's curious about the numbers...

Certainly, here's Sylvie's stats:

28 days out of 31 days, starting June 24 (90% of sailing days)

She weights 130 pounds, is a better sailor than I. Hatchery is her favorite spot and would probably trade me for 10 good days of sailing there. Wink

Sails used:

6.6: 2%
5.9: 9%
5.2: 9%
4.7: 24%
4.3: 3%
4.0: 31%
3.5: 16%
3.1: 7%

Boards used:

105L: 10%
085L: 18%
075L: 35%
067L: 37%

Cheers!
GuyT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't thrown numbers at you for a while, so here's my statistics since I have been coming to The Gorge:

Missed 2001 and 2012 and you can rule out year 2000 since I didn't figure out how The Gorge worked.

Bottom line is, 2013 looks pretty bad so far, don't it? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: