myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I think the time has come
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Windoggie, the entire govt and system failed us. Not just Bush. This is a worldwide banking and sovereign debt crisis. Not even Bush was smart or dumb enough to cause all this damage.

Amazing that none of that was Bush's fault, but everything's now Obama's fault.

stevenbard wrote:
Are you guys buying gold yet?

And if not, Glen Beck has some for sale.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno
I am not sure about Michele and the gay thing. I like her , but she is not presidential caliber. Can you imagine if obama was questioned about his past, pretty scary to say the least, oh well some thing you have to learn the hard way. As far as the ignorance comment goes, let me give you a few examples of liberal ignorance. Saying conservatives want to end SS, conservatives want to end Medicare, want to end welfare, do not care about the poor, are against immigration, and we are bigots and racist, because we see a more intelligent solution, that is all BS. We would like to take a hard look at all of the above, and find ways to make those systems work, not bleed us dry.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
I am not sure about Michele and the gay thing.

I guess you don't follow the news much, huh? (Flash! Faux "News" isn't news and doesn't count.)

mat-ty wrote:
Can you imagine if obama was questioned about his past, pretty scary to say the least...

Yeah, stuff like, "I graduated from Columbia and Harvard Law and was the president of the Harvard Law Review and taught at University of Chicago Law School" should scare anyone. He clearly doesn't have the education or intelligence to be president -- not like someone such as, say, Sarah Palin, who is obviously highly educated, well spoken, and clear of thought and mind.

mat-ty wrote:
As far as the ignorance comment goes, let me give you a few examples of liberal ignorance. Saying conservatives want to end SS, conservatives want to end Medicare...that is all BS.

Remember Sue Lowden and Sharon Angle? Chickens for checkups, privatize SS, and if you don't like it, remember our 2nd amendment rights? Paul Ryan and Medicare vouchers? The right-wing-nuts are famous for claiming that we should end SS and Medicare payments because they're govt expenses. They completely forget that workers paid their hard-earned dollars into the systems. The right-wing-nuts claim the systems are bankrupt while non-partisan offices show that these programs are funded out to 2040 or 2050 or beyond.

mat-ty wrote:
Saying conservatives want to end...welfare, do not care about the poor, are against immigration, and we are bigots and racist, because we see a more intelligent solution, that is all BS...

BS. Reread my comment about where conservatives get there so-called "news" -- from Faux "News," which is right-wing revisionist Fick-shun. The right has not yet produced a comprehensive plan for anything -- and every time Obama presents an idea that was originally republican, the republicans shoot it down. The right-wing-nuts shoot down THEIR OWN IDEAS.

Why?

Not because the idea was bad (it was their idea, after all), but because Obama voiced it.

Let's see how Romney handles Romenycare. Oops, sorry, Obamacare. "If it's mine, it's brilliant. If it's his, it sucks."
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty

Your faith in conservatives is inspirational. However, not really based on past performance. You really only need to look at proposals from the right over the past 20 years to observe that the contributions to Medicare and Medicaid cost containment have largely involved cutting funding instead of reforming the systems. How has this worked? Not very well.

Philosophically wanting to save money and actually legislating methods to achieving it are not necessarily inclusive. In other words ...talk is big.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: