myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I think the time has come
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that corporate America is holding the jobs issue as a bargaining chip until they get a more favorable business climate in Washington. One that says do whatever the hell you want to do, we won't watch you, we won't regulate you or tax you.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
There is a substatially growing field of candidates.
Apparently, Barnum & Bailey just had a layoff.

stevenbard wrote:
Rick Perry will be our nominee.
And his main talking point will be, "Unless you guys lower taxes and eliminate unions, the U.S. will secede from the world!"

stevenbard wrote:
The 2 Amway girls Palin and bachman will be history soon.
Please don't insult Amway like that. They sell fine products.

stevenbard wrote:
...and Bill wants back in the white house...
Is Monica invited?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windoggie, When the government hires people, you have to tax the real job creators, wash it through a few million bureaucrats, and distribute the remaining portion to other people.

This tends to slow the economy, rather than perk it up.

However, if you tell business that you will reduce regulations, keep the tax rate stable, and put a 20% tarrif on Chinese goods, you'd see factories opening up within weeks.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chinese tariff is ok with me...not sure how Walmart will feel about it.

Sorry to honk an old horn, but when Bush lowered taxes and reduced regulations how come jobs disappeared and the economy tanked? I'm just a simple dog, but curious nonetheless.

mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any week now...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in my business alone over the last 3 years they put in dozens of new regs that each cost significant money. (both state and federal) You can believe it or not, they each sound good, but they've killed my desire to do anything.

In addition, the availability of capital at historic lows also sounds good, but because of the added cost of doing business, leaves the job creators in the same net position.

If you put a tarrif on China, cut reg costs in half, and left taxes where they are today, this economy would rip.

Don't freak out, I love clean air and water too.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Just in my business alone over the last 3 years they put in dozens of new regs that each cost significant money. (both state and federal) You can believe it or not, they each sound good, but they've killed my desire to do anything.

In addition, the availability of capital at historic lows also sounds good, but because of the added cost of doing business, leaves the job creators in the same net position.

If you put a tarrif on China, cut reg costs in half, and left taxes where they are today, this economy would rip.

Don't freak out, I love clean air and water too.

Sorry to honk an old horn, but when Bush lowered taxes and reduced regulations how come jobs disappeared and the economy tanked? I'm just a simple dog, but curious nonetheless.

swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, you always talk up what you're doing, but there's never any real details. Still though, you have no problem repeatedly pissing on everything coming from Obama and the Democrats in an ugly way. Maybe you would have more credibility if you really shared real issues. That would be a big step for you, but I have to ask whether are you really up for it?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, It seems that only 39% of our population is falling for obama at the last poll. I'm even feeling sorry obama now. He doesn't have any solution, because his ideology won't permit him to get his arms around a viable one. He continues to talk and talk, spend and spend.

As for my affairs, they are private, but suffice it to say, not as grand as you might think. I'm just tired of all the red tape, and trouble. I'd like to get back to business someday. I'm not unlike everyone else who's running for cover.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windoggie, the entire govt and system failed us. Not just Bush. This is a worldwide banking and sovereign debt crisis. Not even Bush was smart or dumb enough to cause all this damage.

Are you guys buying gold yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: