myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
common sense prevails
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Lets all give a big round of applause for the greatest entrepeneur of the last 100 years. Today, his company became the worlds most valuable. He battled Bill Gates in the 80's, was fired in the 90's , regained his job when his company was almost bankrupt and built Apple to what it is today.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-iPad-trumps-oil-Apple-is-apf-3276362092.html?x=0

Congratulations to Apple in surpassing Exxon. It clearly shows that outsourcing manufacturing to China is very profitable. I wonder if we will be hearing calls in Congress for windfall profits taxes, or for removal of "subsidies" to Apple? After all it has taken Apple about 15 years to achieve the same wealth that took Exxon over 140 years to accumulate.......and we know that Exxon has been gouging the consumer for that entire time.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let's blame the poor. Corporations are good, particularly if they deliver gasoline without spilling it too much. What the poor see is that corporations pay only a fraction of what they paid towards the common weal 40 years ago. They see those same corporations shipping jobs overseas, despite the tax breaks that they assured would prevent such a dire occurence. They see government officials lined up to spend billions on the Olympics, or a new football stadium, and then crying poor they strip funding from education. No grievances, eh what? Don't worry, the Murdoch empire will assure us, on both sides of the pond, that the poor and liberals are to blame for their condition, and politicians and cops do their best. Supported by bribes from the Murdoch empire. This is how we create respect for those who succeeded? Showing that some of it involved cheating?

No need to apologize for those tax subsidies that the oil companies and the TeaBaggers fought so hard to preserve. Burned up the economy a little, but it was really just singes.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, this is what you libs think of African American Conservatives:

http://www.politicalarticles.net/blog/2009/11/18/black-tea-bagging-nigger-deneen-borelli-please/
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More liberal nonsense:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/sectors-mainmenu-46/8539-the-scoop-on-illinois-crackdown-on-artisan-ice-cream-makers
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote

Quote:
Who in government in going to have the balls to wean this growing segment of society off dependency on the state?

Please, are you referring to those receiving Medicare and Social Security? How about disabled veterans? How about those with severe mental illness?

If these are not counted among your deadbeats, do you have a source to show that segment growing as a percentage of society? Effects of the recession considered, of course.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can anyone who condemns the entitlement mentality and its genesis of and effect on greedy lemmings support one bit of the far left agenda?

Why is a policeman not allowed to use whatever degree of force is necessary to protect himself or an innocent bystander from deliberate ongoing harm, especially to his person? Shouldn't that be not only his right, but his very responsibility?

Cob's right; Boortz's speech was never delivered in person at TA&M. It ... and thousands of talks and spiels like it ... have, however, are delivered daily to many millions of his TR listeners each year, and he's been at that for almost 40 years now, so his points and logic are reaching much farther than if presented only as a commencement address. He often beats his idol, Limbaugh, in cities where their shows compete in the same time slot. He has a crystal clear way with logic and words very rare in politics and the media, and is, to the left's and right's (he's Libertarian) unending displeasure, free to speak his mind.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Lets all give a big round of applause for the greatest entrepeneur of the last 100 years. Today, his company became the worlds most valuable. He battled Bill Gates in the 80's, was fired in the 90's , regained his job when his company was almost bankrupt and built Apple to what it is today.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-iPad-trumps-oil-Apple-is-apf-3276362092.html?x=0

Congratulations to Apple in surpassing Exxon. It clearly shows that outsourcing manufacturing to China is very profitable. I wonder if we will be hearing calls in Congress for windfall profits taxes, or for removal of "subsidies" to Apple? After all it has taken Apple about 15 years to achieve the same wealth that took Exxon over 140 years to accumulate.......and we know that Exxon has been gouging the consumer for that entire time.

Nice piece, really. There are many choices for smart phones, many. But, people choose to spend $300 for iPhones. There is only 1 choice to get from point a to point b, that requires gasoline, which Exxon makes...so I doubt we will see an attempt to hit Apple with a windfall tax. After all, there many free alternatives to the iPhone . BTW- many companies that outsource to China dont make money, so Im not really following your false reasoning. I think what you meant to say, is, "It clearly shows that if you make a product that everybody wants, and will pay for , you have achieved a success!".
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, I think you can figure out that I'm not criticizing Apple...........they have done a fantastic job...........true entrepreneurs. I wish there were thousands more like them in this country. Their management and shareholders took risks and won big time......they should keep what they have earned. My post was merely to highlight the ill informed, prejudiced blather that is spouted on this forum, in the press and in Congress, that oil companies make outrageous profits. They do not. As I pointed out, it has taken the newly deposed Exxon 140 years of grinding discipline, in a difficult and dangerous business, to achieve the same wealth that has been achieved by Apple since the mid 90s. I don't begrudge Apple their success at all..........they've earned it, and I would object to them being singled out for special tax treatment, just because they are successful, in the same way I object to that treatment for the large oil companies.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with you. You must also understand that people need outlets. When gas prices spike, its easy to pile on the oil companies, Im certainly not in favor of windfall taxes on anybody. Just watched this vid by Mike Godsey from the Hatch on Tuesday, a mjust see for all the 3.5 lovers out there!
http://windnotes.phanfare.com/4743675_5825871
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loss of his hollywood alter egendorsement....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: