myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Swap Meet??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laura&Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Swap Meet?? Reply with quote

Is there a swap meet this weekend?
pahtoe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Windance parking lot. July 3. On their front page at http://www.windance.com/
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered why the two adjacent swap meets ... two days ago and this coming Sunday -- aren't combined.

Mike \m/
wdbudworth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars & others

The swap meet held on June 26 was sponsered by CGWA as a part of Windfest weekend. The swap meet to be held on July 3 is sponsered by Windance - a business enterprise. CGWA (a nonprofit organization) and Windance do work together to avoid overlap, but once in a while swap meets do occur on consecutive weekends. July 3 will be the last swap meet for Windance. CGWA plans two more swap meets this season - Aug. 7 and Sept. 4. (Labor Day weekend).
isobans

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: adjacent swap meets Reply with quote

I've always wondered why the two adjacent swap meets ... two days ago and this coming Sunday -- aren't combined. But when I moved up from New Mexico to Tri-Cities I realized how convenient adjacent swap meets can be. I have the fastest RV in the world, because I poured over thousands of consumer reports and of course bought several until I realized I needed to build my own. I anyone needs advice on what RV to buy, talk to me. Anyway I got my RV tires at a Santa Fe swap meet and mounted them myself on custom wheels that I built myself. Then I packed up my wife and headed to the hospital for quick brain surgery. Just outside the hospital was another swap meet where I found a nifty little hat that covered my brain surgery scar, and really matched my suspenders. It was also just the right tightness to keep me awake for the all night drive to Tri-Cites, where there are lots of jobs and nice houses and fast internet connections that will allow my blogging skills to flourish, because I type 500 words a minute. We got there on Saturday when the wind really kicked in, but my wife said, look there's a swap meet. I saw a contraption that looked like a diaper with straps and a little hook on it. Finally I broke away for a Wser session, and realized the wind was a class above my New Mexico skills. I wondered how I could possibly hang on to any of the hundreds of booms I own. Then I had a brainstorm and tied some ropes to the boom, and put on the diaper contraption and man, away I went. Instead of being able to sail for 5.75 hours straight I actually was able to sail 7.25 hours (once I invented how to pee in my wetsuit). But I digress, here is the real reason I am sharing all of this with you:

I'm a band leader. Not only can I drink a whole lot, but I play 23 different instruments too and I don't even know how to read music. Self-taught, you know. Couldn't tell it, though, to hear me play. When I play and sway in rhythm to the catchy little tunes that I know all the girls for five miles around get hot pants for me, hotcha!

Last night was pretty good for a Wednesday. We got ten requests for, we got "Bill Bailey," and we played them all and we got seven people came up for the twist contest. I gave away a box with two small bottles of champagne imported from Europe, heh, and kissed the girl who won and shook hands with the guy she was with. He didn't mind when I kissed her because I'm important.

We have a new routine. Been working on it for three weeks or more. I pretend I'm a queer and the sax player pretends he's a queer, too, and later on in the show -this'll kill ya-, we kiss each other so that it looks to the audience like we kiss each other on the mouth, heh. When we go . . . into a fast number, GOD, the people love it! Wait till we get to Las Vegas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: