myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mark your $#!+ for fun and profit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Lost and Found
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Mark your $#!+ for fun and profit Reply with quote

One more time, folks: put your name and phone number on yer $#!+, or at least have your mommy or a sober friend do it for you. My signature and contact info are engraved and/or inked in several concealed places in my CARS and VANS, fercrapssake, let alone every smaller piece of crap I take to the beach. I can understand leaving a fin, or a even a harness, but a boom? A sail bag (How does one forget a sail bag?) A BOARD?

I was once asked why my gear is so anally organized in my WS vehicle. Simple: before I set up a place for everything and put everything in its place, I got tired of leaving a trail of smaller crap from one lake to another. At least now when I forget something, the finder can call me. There's crap with my name on it scattered over several countries in at least two continents. I've gotten back crap I had sold years ago, and got to sell it again.

The only down side? People occasionally pick up my rigging hand cleat from the lawn and give it to me. I just thank them, toss it back on the ground where they found it, and say, "Oh, it lives there." I haven't forgotten it yet in the past 20 years at that spot.

How COULD I, when people keep chasing me with it? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Lost and Found All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: