myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thanks Hi-Tec

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speedreed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Thanks Hi-Tec Reply with quote

What great service and gear. I only sailed maybe 2 hrs a day but it was worth every penny. Thank you.
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Even though my board need was more beginner-ish and ended up being most readily met from another shop (Second Wind, who also treated me agreeably), HT were perfectly helpful and easy to deal with on rental and changes of Ezzy sails, and masts and boom while I was receiving instruction through HST.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used HT again this year same great service as always and great gear.
rich1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bad experience with HT a few years back when I was shopping, not renting. Giampaolo persuaded me to give them a try for rentals a couple of years back and I must say they were excellent.

I've been using HISS for 20+ years, and nothing bad to say about them either.

Last year I took all my gear, and as much of a hassle as it was, it's the best way to go if you've got the right gear for the conditions, though.

Last edited by rich1 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi-Tech was great to me. They took the time to get a feel for what level sailor I am and even got on iwindsurf to check the current conditions at Kanaha. Help me load and unload at the shop. Totally stress free rental. And for anyone procrastinating about sailing there because they don't rent off the beach and you have a rental car, don't sweat it! It's literally right around the corner from the launch. I didn't sail until my 3rd or 4th time there. Kanaha is a easy place to sail. Plenty of room before the reef if the break makes you uncomfortable. The vibe is great too. It reminded me of the old Delta days except everyones....a little older! Wink
90% of you reading this already know all this but I hope the 10% that don't give it try next they're there!

uchida

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gang at HI-Tech are some of the best (I love dealing with Alex), although I find all the shops on Maui to be staffed with knowlegeable and friendly people. I've only had problems with one shop in my 20+ years of Maui saliling. I have no qualms with spending $$$ in any of the stores, but I do find that comparison shopping is a must to stretch your dollars. I must admit that I don't rent equipment as I rent a storage locker in Kihei and sail on my own gear, so visiting shops is usually due to broken gear or to just say hi to old friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: