myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Christian terrorists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mat-ty wrote

Quote:
These muslim aholes, hated us long before iraq

Taken out of context Mac

Without going back and checking, I know I said that , in defense of GWB getting blamed for all this madness in the mid east.

And yet, if I wrote "That ahole Catholic, Venez. Pres. Chavez, is holding his oil over our heads", it would draw plenty of ire.

"Muslim" has become a dirty word, even if one does not feel the "hatred".
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
And yet, if I wrote "That ahole Catholic, Venez. Pres. Chavez, is holding his oil over our heads", it would draw plenty of ire.

In the interest of accuracy, being born into a Catholic household and being a Catholic are two very different things. Chavez is not a Catholic regardless of what he calls himself to appeal to the overwhelmingly Catholic electorate.

Pope Benedict XVI told Hugo Chavez on Thursday that he was very concerned about moves to limit the Catholic Church's influence in Venezuela, including proposals to change anti-abortion rules, the Vatican said.

The Catholic Church has been one of the most critical voices against the leftist Venezuela president, who has in the past called the church leadership a "tumor."
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/5/10/232718.shtml
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chavez and sean penn, both aholes in my book.

About ten years ago, they opened a huge Mormon temple in Belmont mass. Belmont is an affluent suburb north of Boston, I remember being shocked how hard of a time the town and surrounding towns gave the temple . Remember we are in the bluest state in the country, and this hatred towards others was very clear, I guess no one is immune to bigotry and hatred , even in loony Massachusetts.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:

mrgybe wrote

Quote:
In the interest of accuracy, being born into a Catholic household and being a Catholic are two very different things. Chavez is not a Catholic regardless of what he calls himself to appeal to the overwhelmingly Catholic electorate.

Pope Benedict XVI told Hugo Chavez on Thursday that he was very concerned about moves to limit the Catholic Church's influence in Venezuela, including proposals to change anti-abortion rules, the Vatican said.

The Catholic Church has been one of the most critical voices against the leftist Venezuela president, who has in the past called the church leadership a "tumor."

I think you made my point.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mat-ty wrote

Quote:
Remember we are in the bluest state in the country, and this hatred towards others was very clear, I guess no one is immune to bigotry and hatred , even in loony Massachusetts.

Absolutely true!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
I think you made my point.

You may wish to check your vocabulary:

"Ire" - Def: Intense anger, wrath, fury, rage.

If you think my post displayed intense anger, fury or rage, you should try attending a Redskins game!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe

I stand corrected. "Ire" is probably too strong.

I should have written "...met with ire, scorn, ridicule, indignation or argument..."

I am not going to argue the merits of Mr. Chavez's Catholicism, since I don't get to be the Judge. My point is "Catholic" is a "good" word and "Muslim" is a "bad" word in the minds of many.

To be clear - this is not directed at you!
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, religions are like cancers that don't get along with each other. History is full of it. Regardless though, each religion is a cancer in itself that will attack those that don't believe in their cancer message. Again, history is full of it.

And sadly, we're seeing it today in the social policy strategies and initiatives being advanced by conservatives today at home in the budget debate arena. The way I look at it, religion is something that should be keep at home, or within the religious realm of their church and its believing community. Outside of those boundaries, religion is a cancer affecting the greater community.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty--you really don't want me to go back and make a list of all the vile things you have said. Perhaps not as vile as bards. Perhaps a side by side comparison would be useful.

The point is that hate talk about Muslims is coming directly from some of the evangelical churches.

After sending sexually offending priests off to new places to do it again, we should now be proud of the Catholic Church for opposing Chavez? Chavez is an idiot and tyrant, opposing him is a no-brainer.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
The way I look at it, religion is something that should be keep at home, or within the religious realm of their church and its believing community. Outside of those boundaries, religion is a cancer affecting the greater community.

The millions of sick and impoverished people whose lives have been improved by a multitude of caring religious organizations, would probably beg to differ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: