myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Christian terrorists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to start a discussion of one of the greatest dangers facing us. Bin Laden has succeeded in enlisting many westerners in his campaign to create hatred and suspicion between Muslims and Christians. Those Americans who have been fooled by this will find an escalator going down at the gates of heaven that says
"For all those with hate in their hearts"
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Bill Maher seems to get it,

http://youtu.be/7ipp-l_32M8
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maher is funny and clear on the problem- their religious wacks are worse than ours.
Their people do not support their wacks any more than we support ours. By getting us to hate each other the bad guys are playing us for fools. There is one single pathway to winning against extremists- separate them from the masses they hide in and put them in prison or hell. We will do that by cooperating with all faiths together or simply fail out of bigotry and hate.
Hate is their weapon and those Christians who feel that way are helping them hide,and giving them power.
They might as well be wearing recruiting T shirts for Al Quada.
The enemy is outsmarting you.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever been at dinner in a muslim home in the middle east?They ask you questions like
" Do Americans all hate us and want to destroy all Muslims?"

The true answer is "Yes even educated folks on the Right are feeling more like that every day. They are learning it in church unfortunately and on Talk Radio"
Is the Christian Church so filled with hate for those they know so little about?"
Answer
They have to abandon their Christian Beliefs To feel this way.

It is hard not ask but I know the answer.
Do Muslims all hate us and want to destroy all Americans?"

The true answer is "Yes even educated folks on the Right are feeling more like that every day. They are learning it in church unfortunately and on Arab Talk Radio"
Is the Muslim religion so filled with hate for those they know so little about?"
Answer
They have to abandon their Muslim Beliefs To feel this way.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not clear to me what your motive is in continuing this diatribe, but every post further reveals a lack of understanding.

First, the dinner at a home in the Middle East, and "Arab talk radio" betrays a narrow knowledge based upon the sound bite version of Islam. The vast majority of Muslims are not Arabs and do not live in the Middle East........they live in Asia and Africa.

Second, the hypothetical dinner question posed "Do Americans hate us.......etc". I have dined with Muslims on many, many occasions in Africa, the Middle East, Asia and this country. One of my brothers lives in Pakistan and is married to a Muslim. They do not ask those kind of questions of a Westerner.

Third, Muslims are learning to "hate" us through church (!) and "Arab Talk Radio" (again........!!!). I'm not sure how many Pakistanis or Indian or Nigerian Muslims listen to all those Arab Talk Radio stations.........I suspect not many.

Fourth..........and I know this will be a shock to you..........Bill Maher is not a right wing Christian fundamentalist.

If I had a dollar for every time you use the word "hate" I could upgrade my quiver of sails........you may want to consider why that word is so often in your mind. I'm sure there are many topics on which you can opine with authority.........this does not appear to be one of them.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keycocker,
I have a very good golf friend who is an Egyptian, he is a great guy , I have had dinner at his home several times. No doubt there are haters out there, but to paint all right-wingers as haters is ignorant. I see plenty of hate come from the left.
And I do not know anyone that thinks all Muslim are bad, that is ridiculous. Like I said before if the muslim community made more of an effort to helps us weed out the bad apples, it would be a huge step in racial relations.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again .....

Mat-ty, I agree that most folks in this country do not "hate" Muslims. What I do find disturbing, however, is that there is a very vocal element in our society that IS trying to generate this Christian vs Muslim conflict, just as the reverse is occuring (more significantly) in Muslim countries.

Why is it that portraying Obama as a Muslim is an insult?

It is these type of distractions that are keeping us from moving ahead on some very serious social and economic issues, as well as, understanding the complex politics of the Mid-Eastern and North-African regions.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gybe:
"It's not clear to me what your motive is in continuing this diatribe..."
Keycocker said
"I am trying to start a discussion of one of the greatest dangers facing us. Bin Laden has succeeded in enlisting many westerners in his campaign to create hatred and suspicion....."

Not listening I can see. Thank you for your analysis anyway.
The problem has been advanced by all your comments here...
When the topic is hate that word is handy in the narrative...
Matty sorry
I only meant some Americans feel that way, hoping none on this board. sadly I have spoken to at least twenty.
Ever look at the comments on a yahoo news story when Muslims are mentioned ?-sick stuff.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrgybe seems confused, he opines:
Quote:
It's not clear to me what your motive is in continuing this diatribe, but every post further reveals a lack of understanding….If I had a dollar for every time you use the word "hate" I could upgrade my quiver of sails........you may want to consider why that word is so often in your mind. I'm sure there are many topics on which you can opine with authority.........this does not appear to be one of them.

Perhaps he has slept through the anti-Muslim era of the past 8 years where commentors in Christian Churches and in this forum attributed crimes of Muslims to their religion, not to their being somehow abberant. It has been part of the American response to the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, led by the Christian right wing. Here from the New York Times:

Quote:
At the grass roots of evangelical Christianity, many are now absorbing the antipathy for Islam that emerged last year with the incendiary comments of ministers. The sharp language, from religious leaders like Franklin Graham, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson and Jerry Vines, the former president of the Southern Baptist Convention, has drawn rebukes from Muslims and Christian groups alike. Mr. Graham called Islam ''a very evil and wicked religion, and Mr. Vines called Muhammad, Islam's founder and prophet, a ''demon-possessed pedophile.''

In evangelical churches and seminaries across the country, lectures and books criticizing Islam and promoting strategies for Muslim conversions are gaining currency. More than a dozen recently published critiques of Islam are now available in Christian bookstores.
NY Times, May 27, 2003

And from matty, along with frequent insults to the appearance of all women, particularly Muslim women, is just one of many typical comments:
Quote:
These muslim aholes, hated us long before iraq.

While I have heard you able to distinguish between deranged Northern Ireland Catholics who profess violence and their religion, I have yet to hear you chide your right wing compatriot matty for any of his vile comments.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These muslim aholes, hated us long before iraq

Taken out of context Mac

Without going back and checking, I know I said that , in defense of GWB getting blamed for all this madness in the mid east.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: