myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Any USVI windsurfers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cvburd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Any USVI windsurfers? Reply with quote

I recently relocated to St Thomas and haven't found much in the ways of windsurfing. I only started windsurfing last summer but would really like to improve and get more involved.

Is there any sort of windsurfing community or shops that might be able to help get me going? I have equipment back in the states but won't be able to get it on island for at least a month.
jse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not USVI, but close. Talk to Andy Morrell at HIHO. He runs the famous inter-island windsurfing race that goes by the same name. He probably knows what the USVI windsurfing community consists of, and may be able to point you to some contacts.

What does one have to do get get "relocated" to the USVI?

Steve
longboard08

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We found some windsurfing out on east end of the island, near Great Bay and Red Hook/Vessup. Think the outfitters were called West Indies Windsurfing and Island Sol. There was also windsurfing at Sapphire Beach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: