myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What's next best harness similar to DaKine XTSeat?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feuser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
I did a 6 hour session on a kite, followed by a 1 hour session on a windsurfer, after doing a two hour bike ride. This at 51 years old.

Dos Equis interview in order? Or am I too short? Very Happy

I just got back form a 2 hour session. A gusty mid-February day on the Atlantic ocean in New York; shore break, dodging a shipwreck between the 6 foot rollers. And all that with 45% BFI (that's a friendly estimate by my wife).

Man, do I feel interesting.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooot wrote:
1. You respond by calling me stupid and fat??

2. I am sure my info is a little dated at this point.

3. 10.9 100 meters and bench 345 ... mean fronside air out of a 12 ft. half-pipe...

4. ready to pounce on ANYTHING that anyone else says

5. Do you every actually read what others post, and try to respond in a thoughtfull manner to what they ask

6. A little humillity would do you some good.

7. those 12 ft walls of spray aren't nearly that tall ...your jumps are typically about 4-6 feet... not 20.

8. you are inefficiant and are ofton on a board which is to small for the condions..... which also contributes to your "more than normal amount of slog-time".

9. You also aren't doing 2 or 3 for 4 4-hour sessions a day.

10. standing on the beach bitching about how gusty it is

11. Time to learn to respect the opinions of others

1. Just uninformed (about some of this stuff) and plump (maybe my next few books can help both you and me with that) ... and I wouldn't have said either if you hadn't called me and the information I'm parroting "drivel" and dismissed both me and my message with the "self-appointed expert" label. Doing those rather than discussing the topic head-on is underhanded nonsense which attempts to deny others exposure to new (to them) ideas without the benefit of informative debate. It's also chicken $#!+ , especially coming from a friend.

2. Yet you say my updated info is drivel? How about a "Thanks for the info", a "That's news to me", or at least a "Sez who?" instead?

3. Yet my relevant, explanatory, and hopefully motivational comments about my sailing are "bragging"?

4. But 99% of my so-called "pouncing" is on COMMENTS, not people. It's supposed to be a topical dialogue, not the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

5. Harder than the vast majority here and to the best of my ability.

6. The gang bangers here beat that out of me years ago (and don't mistake that for a joke; there's no smiley here.) Sadly, it's every man for himself now.

7. I've never claimed either ... just that some walls come down on me seconds later and my biggest jump ever might have hit 20. As for the occasional stall ... that's one reason I like big sails. Stall, schmall.

8. HELL, yes I'm inefficient, and sinkers are often worth extra slog time or bigger sails. It's called personal preference.

9. Never said I did. Please stop making stuff up. After one 4, a second 4 is extremely rare. 4-3-3? Countless times.

10. Get yourself a permanent case of severe oscillopsia and see how you do in the harsh chop common with gusty and/or flukey winds. Asking people whether the chop is better is not "bitching"; it's seeking information highly relevant to a medical condition. A "little bigger board with a little less rocker" and I'd be blind in chop.

11. My primary, bottom line, driving position is that there are usually several ways to do something, including:
• Getting in the straps.
• Jibing.
• Sailing.
• Choosing a board and a sail and harness line length.
• Getting and staying fit.
• Eating for endurance.
• Getting ashore after the wind pukes.
• Exerting mast foot pressure.

You're right; I do NOT respect others' opinions that their way is the only way, nor should I. It's about principles much more than ego, and I care much more about providing someone with durable (i.e., survives character assassination) and useful information and ideas and stoke than I do about winning a popularity contest.

Good thing, huh?
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feuser wrote:

But how USEFUL is your post?
feuser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
feuser wrote:

But how USEFUL is your post?

Please plonk me again, Iso.

Let's just agree that you won't read my useless posts and, to return the favor, I won't read your dreary, incessant and self-important chest pounding.

wooot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, if you are gonna "quote me", quote the whole thing . don't take bits and peices out of context and number and "clip it" to fit your needs.

You, my friend may be a lost cause I am sorry to say.
You illustrate my point so perfectly, FAR better than ever could have done.
You just don't "get it", do you?

So very sad.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called "snipping", Marty, and its purpose is to condense referenced posts for brevity and clarity. If I distorted even one nuance of your post, please explain and I will correct it. It was not intentional.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuser said

Quote:
I just got back form a 2 hour session. A gusty mid-February day on the Atlantic ocean in New York; shore break, dodging a shipwreck between the 6 foot rollers. And all that with 45% BFI (that's a friendly estimate by my wife).

Laughing A laugh is always useful!!
feuser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

<snip>
...I played squash to a high level for many years and, in the early 80s played an exhibition match against the reigning world champion..
<snip>

P.S. I lost!!

Way to keep up the suspense to the very end. A real nail biter, MrGybe.

Smile

I do feel inspired now to get into better shape. Although that slight pudginess will help me keep down the new 8.2 KA Koyote thats on it way.

Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to turn this thread into a seat versus waist harness thing, but don't most weight lifters go with a waist harness?

weightlifting_belt.jpg
 Description:
source: http://ballyhooligan.wordpress.com/2009/02/08/workout-46/
 Filesize:  11.88 KB
 Viewed:  11397 Time(s)

weightlifting_belt.jpg

http://wind-nc.com
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feuser wrote:
Please plonk me again, Iso.

Let's just agree that you won't read my useless posts and, to return the favor, I won't read your dreary, incessant and self-important chest pounding.

Your wish is my command. I don't need negative people in my face when I'm trying to inspire and help others to improve the length and quality of their windsurfing, even their very lives. You'll understand when your body starts to decay before your very eyes at least 20 years earlier than MrGybe's does. Measurable decay begins by the age of 30, and accelerates rapidly in our 50s.

Tick .... tock ... tick ... tock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: