myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
State Fiscal Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free wheeling corporate spending--after the demonstrated last two meltdowns due to deregulation paying off those campaign contributions--is not enough for mrgybe. A ten to one funding advantage is not enough. The playbook here, as it is in global warming denial, is stop as much funding for progressive viewpoints as you can. None dare call it censorship.

Municipalities such as the City of Oakland did things like buy bonds to push their pension liabilities down the road. Now the bonds are due. Mrgybe is way too cute when he crows about the recovery of the stockmarket. Most of my value is back--it is about 85% of what it was--because I didn't own any of the sub-prime loan instruments. The money that pension funds had in such investments was looted, pure and simple, by wall street brokers. The Republican drafted legislation that allowed this made sure that such looting was not a crime. And now, after having fought any reregulation, they are blaming it on teachers.

Who coined the term Re-Thugs? Seems apt.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
Adopting the Republican approach will cause immediate economic, emotional and physical damage to a lot of people, and long-term damage to our educational system and infrastructure, as well as social and economic instability.

And the Democrat approach will quickly decimate or maybe even destroy our economy, our health care, our national defense, our work ethic, our global hegemony, and our personal freedom. I am so very thankful I've lived most of my active life already and have no children facing this country's future past the point that 51% of the voters are ignorant welfare queens and the politicians who deliberately enable them to ensure their continued power.

Neither of us will sway the other, so all we can do is disagree across the fence (and hope for the sake of the world that you wise up as you get older, as I did).
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
NOW GET THIS !!

'Senator' Obama replied:
Yes, you read it right.

I have heard DUMBER things said by high-ranking people, but none more frightening or stomach-turning. That just makes we wonder even more how any free person with an IQ > 80 can support this president.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISO..your last two posts were really nice. Happy Tuesday!
Love
Boggsman
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact Check had this to say

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_obama_say_the_national_anthem_conveys.html
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the saying go, a lie has gone around the world before the truth gets its pants on? How shocked I am that such a credible and steadfast poster as Mike Fick would repeat a lie. I'm sure it is the first time, don't you think?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
while there are pension funding problems, they are not the cause of the deficits, the recession is. Underfunding of pensions is not confined to the public sector or union employers. The public sector unions accepted better benefits in lieu of salary in good faith collective bargaining.

State comptrollers and governors publicly dispute that.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for pointing that out, Coboardhead. Not that I'd have taken it on faith and run with it, but it does match both Obamas' demonstrated and stated mindsets, so I may not have fact-checked it, either.
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I don't blindly take politicians at their word

isobars wrote:
State comptrollers and governors publicly dispute that.

Are you as confused as you appear?
Shocked

pointster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

And the Democrat approach will quickly decimate or maybe even destroy our economy, our health care, our national defense, our work ethic, our global hegemony, and our personal freedom.

Actually'Mike, I have to agree with you re the Democrats. After all, they've cloned Romney's health care plan, continued Bush's mid-east policies, kept Guantanamo open, destroyed the middle class's incentive to work by charging them higher taxes than hedge fund managers, and either irradiate me or touch my junk when I go to the airport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: