myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The play for 2016
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: The play for 2016 Reply with quote

Senator Ted Cruz casts his lure for stupid clueless Americans. It's been said that Cruz has lots of things he's against. By playing that kind of hand, he hopes to garner the support of angry small minded folks that often vote against their own interests. Yet, even with a little thought about who the interests are behind his new 10 point plan for America, it's quite easy to see who Cruz actually serves. It amazes me how this crap sells to fools, and he doesn't even have to address in any detail what he would propose to do in place of those things he'd like end.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/10/19/ted-cruz-republicans-election-congress-priorities-jobs-obamacare-column/17267261/
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Cruz and especially Rand Paul are fighting against the Republican establishment. I like that. They are the closest thing that we have to leaders. Honestly, Hillary would be a stronger leader.....but her ideology would lead us down the sewer.

I would think that we should support any candidate who really wouldn't buy into their parties establishment, for both D's and R's.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddie boy wants to vie with Michele Bachman for either the dumbest GOP candidate ever, or the one that panders to the dumb without blinking. His comments about Common Core are stunning in their imbecility. First, Common Core has been adopted by the States, 45 of them I believe, not the Federal government. Second, I have had the experience of teaching the Common Core math protocols in first through 4th grade. It is an amazing upgrade of teaching. I will give you one simple example. When I was young we taught people to memorize 6 times 7. Now it is taught in multiple ways, including having kids develop an array, or matrix, that is 6 wide and 7 high. When you retrieve the memorized product of 42, you are only using one pathway in the brain. When you work with kids to manipulate an array, you are building a much larger group of pathways in the brain--and you are teaching them why 6 times 7 is the same as 7 times 6, why it is also the same as 4 times 7 plus 2 times 7, and so forth.

Other countries have overtaken the United States in math and science. Dumping the Common Core would ensure that the United States will not catch up. Of course, it also assures under-educated voters, particularly in the South, that will vote Republican. Is this a great country or what?
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Ted Cruz and especially Rand Paul are fighting against the Republican establishment. I like that. They are the closest thing that we have to leaders. Honestly, Hillary would be a stronger leader.....but her ideology would lead us down the sewer.

I would think that we should support any candidate who really wouldn't buy into their parties establishment, for both D's and R's.

What he said.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Other countries have overtaken the United States in math and science. Dumping the Common Core would ensure that the United States will not catch up. Of course, it also assures under-educated voters, particularly in the South, that will vote Republican. Is this a great country or what?

Republicans don't accept math and science unless it comes directly from "The Good Book."

Nowhere in the Bible will you find 6 times 7. Thus, it's not real -- it's "straight from the pit of hell."

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More childish pablum from Pueno on the left.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to see here, go back to work. Hillary will be a good president.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the R establishment is trying to push Romney, Jeb, Christie, etcetera, but will be shocked when they find out that conservatives won't go there. I'd be far more impressed with the D's if they just went all out and selected Elizabeth Warren as their candidate. We'd then have a debate.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve....as much as you would love it, aint no way we are nominating Elizabeth Warren. She will b far more effective in the Senate. Sad to say, but the best shot for the Reps is the Jebster.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a higher standard would be better.
How about if that candidate says a stream of crap like Bachman?
Shuts down the gov.to kick small biz. in the nuts for billions to make a political point for Obama to ignore. He slept through the whole thing.
How about those crooked Dems who go against the party before they go to jail?
The Teas are learning that just any candidate who goes against the system isn't enough.
Strong leader Hitler found many folks would follow him and he went against his party.
Is that enough?
For me the Teas were the most promising political movement in modern America and they are foundering now from poor choice of leaders like Palin and Cruz.

I think I will seek well informed,thoughtful,compromising leaders with good ideas moving forward who can resist the Kochs and others who buy gov.
Cruz and Paul are the antithesis of that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244  Next
Page 1 of 244

Jump to: