myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Moving to Oregon from California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can Isobars hijack a posting about whether it is fun to live in Hood River?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
How can Isobars hijack a posting about whether it is fun to live in Hood River?

He took the opportunity to blast California, which triggered a response or two from happy Californians. It was a good thread, particulary like hearing johnl's experience about his first Winter in HR. Im always chirping about moving there, but after hearing about the Winters, I would have to move there alone.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad that isobars can't honestly look back and see himself for what he really is.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickB wrote:
isobars wrote:
I ALMOST always constrain my "out-of-bounds" (i.e., politically conservative ... OOOOHHHHH!) comments to the political threads in the politics forum.

Fact 1: you're a liar. Can be proven dozens of times

How 'bout you try at least once, so your accusation is anything but senseless, childish rhetoric?

NickB wrote:
A recent exemple [from the Breakin at Kanaha thread] will suffice:
isobars wrote:
Should you choose to go to the windward shore for sailing, it would be prudent to assume ...
SNIP

THAAAAT'S right ... quote an obvious parody of control freaks, expressly labeled as such in the part you deliberately omitted, and simply CLAIM it’s a lie … now THAT’S persuasive, isn’t it?

How old are ya, Nick?

NickB wrote:
Way to constrain yourself indeed.

Sez the pot.

NickB wrote:
you’re evil. … Here were your condolences...
in direct response to another’s post and never described as condolences or as referring to the victim, isobars wrote:
Damn. Here I thought we were supposed to get wiser as we got older, right up to the point our brains run into our Depends. Seems to me the folks doing the dumber things are from the Darwinian "No Fear" crowd .

You're evil and karma will catch up with you.

Then by your standards -- a post without condolences -- Gerda, techno900, jingerbritsen, outcast, sailingjoe, noshuzbluz, peno, NEsailor, GurglePants, longboard08, bred2shred, cgoudie1, AND, of course, yourself, NickB are all evil.

NICKB WROTE (quoting stopped working) "you twist everybody's words ... As evidenced by the present topic and you're pathetic attempt at twisting pacspeed's words. He said it clearly, it's not about the servicemen, it's about you."

To which I accurately responded, “(pacspeed’s) claim that any serviceman’s pension (e.g., mine) is welfare spits in the face of every one of them, as they all operate under the same set of rules.” Apparently that concept is over your head. I guarantee you it wasn’t lost on retired policeman JohnL or on any other servicemen here.

Now, whose words have I twisted, and where?

[NICKB WROTE: "you piss on every f’ing topic"

And your post is, what … champagne?

I posted some useful information. You took a whiz in the punchbowl.
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
NICKB WROTE (quoting stopped working)

No it didn't Mr. Fick. You were using it incorrectly.
Of course you won't admit it.
If you'd like to know what you were doing wrong feel free to ask...in a nice way please.

pacspeed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good we've been plonked to politics. Now we can continue in this vein until were blue in the face.

I didn't feel like you twisted my words, just totally misinterpreted them. Using the term "welfare" was a sarcastic jab, not a wholesale condemnation of the military and first responders for gods sake.

It was specifically a jab at your inability to see the connection between public sector pensions and the state of fiscal calamity facing almost ALL states. So I'll say it again, without using the word welfare:

THOSE PENSIONS ARE THE VERY REASON WE HAVE BUDGET CRISES.

You, however, took it some sort of high treason, then came completely unhinged, making veiled threats about the CIA, and outrageous claims like the bucket of intestines thing.

Whether you feel that government service pensions are earned or not, your defense of them is simply incompatible with your umbrage at deficit spending.

There's obviously a middle path that honors the service and sacrifice they've made, AND has a price tag we can afford. But if people like you on both the red and blue ends of the political spectrum bring such inflexible, reactionary views to the table, we're never gonna get out of the hole we've dug.
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mr. Fick declared in a recent thread...
isobars wrote:
"Entitlement" means "unearned welfare”.

According to the DOD…
Quote:
Retired military pay is a pension program established by Title 10, United States Code (U.S.C.) Chapter 74 to pay annuities or pensions to retired military personnel and their survivors. As such, the program fits under the category of entitlement authority as defined by Title 2, U.S.C., Section 622(9) (2 U.S.C. 622(9)).

So it seems, if Mr. Fick is to be believed, his military pension is welfare.

NickB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:
As Mr. Fick declared in a recent thread...
isobars wrote:
"Entitlement" means "unearned welfare”.

According to the DOD…
Quote:
Retired military pay is a pension program established by Title 10, United States Code (U.S.C.) Chapter 74 to pay annuities or pensions to retired military personnel and their survivors. As such, the program fits under the category of entitlement authority as defined by Title 2, U.S.C., Section 622(9) (2 U.S.C. 622(9)).

So it seems, if Mr. Fick is to be believed, his military pension is welfare.

too bad he can't see your post Cool
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickB wrote:
too bad he can't see your post

Ya, ain't it a shame...

Wink

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacspeed wrote:
I'll say it again, without using the word welfare:

THOSE PENSIONS ARE THE VERY REASON WE HAVE BUDGET CRISES.

You, however, took it some sort of high treason, then came completely unhinged

"(Federal) military pensions are welfare (aka unearned handouts)" and "public sector pensions bust (state) budgets" are not not even related concepts.

How do you and the other $%&*#s who keep saying military pensions are unearned handouts EXPECT soldiers, firemen, and cops to respond when it gets repeated incessantly, in many ways, by many people not even counting those on my shit list who said it before getting scrubbed? I can think of nothing more disgusting than clamoring, just to hurt me, that my pension, and thus all servicemen's pensions, are unearned. I've ignored that blasphemy for the last time ... unless, of course, I CHOOSE to save up a few more such profanities for another mass blast. Your statement was too clear, by itself and cumulatively, to ignore.

I find it equally profane that every literate liberal or conservative or neutral person in this forum does not raise holy hell every time one of these miscreants says this. Pacspeed has claimed I misinterpreted his clear comments, that he did not intend to imply what he said. I'll accept that, but that doesn't exonerate the many others who have said it.

i have a bud whose 17th surgery that I know of for injuries he sustained in deep penetration Delta Force missions has finally ended his civilian carer and his WSing. I suggest that as long as he has one remaining functional limb, you snake turds who say he didn't earn his medical disability pension don't say that within his earshot.

Last edited by isobars on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: