myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Charitable giving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
you tell me boggsman , your the self proclaimed expert.
Is the spread the wealth , borrow money we do not have , drown our children in debt thing working out for you? Maybe the HOSTAGE TAKERS don't have all the answers, but do you really think you can borrow your way out of a recession?

First of all, Ive never "proclaimed" myself an expert on anything, except maybe wasting time, but I'll humor you, nonetheless. No, I am balanced budget guy, have been when I saw the flexibilty it gives you in the 1990's. I wouldnt have done the extension for 250,000 earners, or the payroll tax, or the 5mm exemtion on estate tax. Im not a supply side believer, especially when there is a 2Trillion dollar hole in the GNp of this great land. matty , the Republicans pushed for these tax cuts, and were wiling to take the risk that the economy improves, as a result, Obama bought it, we'll see if it works. You are still evading my question, If I were Bill O'reilly, I'd kick your ass off my show.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Mac
Love fox news , and, ann coulter, savage, goldberg, ingram, malkin, will, krauthammer, ginrich, romney, buchanan, and many more.
I am sure you despise all of the above, because they expose the horseshit the liberal press tries to jam down Americas throat everyday, guess what! America has woke up, THANK GOD FOR FOX NEWS!!!!

Then get ready. The FCC chairman, who has censorship power unfettered by Congress, is rattling his sword at talk radio and whining that there's not enough left wing news coverage available to us. I guess ABCCBSNBCMSNBCNPRPBSNYTWPBGLATCTSPTPOSPIAPETC aren't enough for him. That ... or he's a flaming left wing fringer who thinks Paul Krugman, Noam Chomsky, and Bernie Sanders are Aryan Nation skinheads.

As for charity, I have cut WAY back on mine since Pelosi assigned that responsibility to the federal government. I open mail from charities only to see whether they will pay for my return comment to that effect, and reject ALL telemarketing phone calls. Our local Humane Shelter is about all we donate to any more; the rest is apparently Obama's sworn duty.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Americans favor the tax cuts, and the extension of unemployment benefits 2-1.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/145109/Americans-Support-Major-Elements-Tax-Compromise.aspx
But Americans also favor reducing the Federal Deficit. matty, how does this fly with you? Everybody wants their cake, and eat it too, nobody is willing to sacrifice to pay down the debt.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Americans favor the tax cuts, and the extension of unemployment benefits 2-1.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/145109/Americans-Support-Major-Elements-Tax-Compromise.aspx
But Americans also favor reducing the Federal Deficit. matty, how does this fly with you? Everybody wants their cake, and eat it too, nobody is willing to sacrifice to pay down the debt.

That's why we need leaders in Congress who are prepared to sacrifice their political future for the good of the country..........we have not had them. As long as political office is a career, we are going to have politicians who are more concerned with survival than in doing the right thing. Let's see if the new crop is any different.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gybe...I hate to say this, but I agree with you 1000%. The transformation of a well meaning newbee politician to a K -Street whore, is a sad site to see.
feuser

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr Gybe...I hate to say this, but I agree with you 1000%. The transformation of a well meaning newbee politician to a K -Street whore, is a sad site to see.

Well, they're doing what everyone is asking them to do. No-one is honestly interested in cutting when it comes to the interests of their constituency. Everyone wants the government to spend money... only on THEIR agenda. So, these newbie politicians are busy buying their re-election from the first day in office - with our money. Fiscal responsibility has become the platform of the anti-government, quasi anarchist crowd; isn't it ironic?

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty said: do you really think you can borrow your way out of a recession?

Matty--how did the Great Depression end? World War II. Did we borrow and sacrifice to be able to afford that? Yes. So we give average $77,000 tax breaks to the very rich, who will not invest in American jobs, and will not spend enough to end the recession. Have you read any books about economic history? Try it. Form your own opinion now and then, after thinking and reading something, not listening to Fox or opening oil company e-mails.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great time mac attack,

Thats when people still loved america. Before political correctness, and entitlement nation. You could work hard and feed your family ,and the most qualified people got hired, not some toothless moron, because some liberal ahole like yourself thought it wouild make you feel better.
Mac did you see oblama and big willie clinton praising the the continuation of the proper tax percentages for the rich? Sorry mac but when you go on a two year spending spree, like the liberal shitheads in washington have , no one wants to listen to your whining!!!!

you should read a book on anger managment, Might help!!
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, I'm quite certain you are a very nice guy in person -and we've probably met if not sailed together over the years. But your name calling and posts that do nothing other than bait for a strong response might suggest that you don't care about civil discourse or bother to take the issues at hand seriously.

Most of your stuff is mere platitude, like "political correctness" and "entitlement nation." Thousands of academic pages have been written on each subject but you throw these labels around like they have no meaning.

You also fail to understand history, apparently, if you actually believe that all it took to find gainful employment during the Great Depression was a decent work ethic. My granddad had to leave his wife behind to chase work all over the west by riding boxcars, but he didn't find much. He almost starved to death because what few pennies he did earn he sent back to my grandmother. My mom's toes are permanently curled because they couldn't afford to buy shoes that fit.

Your post sounds so very self-rightious when you use that language to support (no, strike that) as you try to tear down Obama and the Democrats without offering a functional solution.

Not that Mac needs me to run to his defense, but you don't know him one bit if you believe all he's doing is whining.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a little history oh mad matty. Here's a link to what generosity actually means, perhaps useful for the Christmas season: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/A-Yuletide-Gift-of-Kindness.html

Hardworking people lost in despair.

As Santayana said, those who do not study the past are condemned to repeat it. You would have us return to a world where the Vice President insists on torture, and has his staff out a CIA agent because her husband catches him lying to justify going to war. I would have us look for our better side. If that is anger, perhaps it is righteous anger?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: